• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coyote hunting

Looking to get into coyote hunting. Already have the rifle and glass setup. Looking for advice on electronic predator calls and if anyone is using tri-pods and or Swagger bipods.
Also looking for any advice as far as good hunting areas. I would be hunting during the day as well as at night.

Thanks

Fox pro electronic calls and here is a pic of my Yote set up.

90b23c3086c381aa562a08b01fcc8fc5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the kind of set up I'm looking to get. Think I'm gonna use the Shadow Tech hog saddle, ball head and tripod. I also have a ATN 4K Pro 5-20. I appreciate the advice and the pic. Looks like I'm on the right path.

That looks a lot like my Remington PCR .260. What caliber do you use?

Dumb question. My property backs up to a hunting club. I constantly hear the coyotes and on one occasion had them run deer up in my yard about 3am one morning. I'm not a hunter as the wife thinks deer taste gamy. ( everything I've ever hunted shot back)
That said. Is their anyone in the Canton area that would like to sit on my back deck and call a few coyotes in to kill? No charge for doing so other than I expect you to be respectful and responsible. If you want to share a little deer jerky or deer meat that would be a plus but not necessary. ( unlike my wife I like wild game)

Looking to get into coyote hunting. Already have the rifle and glass setup. Looking for advice on electronic predator calls and if anyone is using tri-pods and or Swagger bipods.
Also looking for any advice as far as good hunting areas. I would be hunting during the day as well as at night.

Thanks

Here is a link to reviews I did for Pulsar Thermion Thermal scope, Sightmark Wraith Day/Night Vision Scope and Axion Thermal scanner. They have a few videos for each. https://outdoorlegacygear.com/blogs/news

We use ARs in 223, 22 Nosler and 6.5 Grendel for the most part.

Here is a coyote video..we also have some hog videos.

That's the kind of set up I'm looking to get. Think I'm gonna use the Shadow Tech hog saddle, ball head and tripod. I also have a ATN 4K Pro 5-20. I appreciate the advice and the pic. Looks like I'm on the right path.

That looks a lot like my Remington PCR .260. What caliber do you use?

Hunting at night with a thermal is definitely the way to go for coyotes. You really need a scanner paired with the thermal on your rifle. Personally, I found an AR type rifle to be the best as sooner or later you will need follow up shots and a bolt-gun is just more troublesome.

Setting your rifle up on a tripod like the pic above gives you the best vantage to scan in 360's. The shadow tech tripod and hog saddle you mentioned will work just fine.

Foxpro and lucky duck are my two preferred manufacturers of e-callers. Foxpro probably has a wider selection of available sounds (both through them and others such as MFK, BOSS acoustics, and Tony Tebbe some of which are only available for Foxpro callers).

What area of the state do you live in? I am west of Atlanta, you could come down and go on a hunt with us if you are close enough.

Dumb question. My property backs up to a hunting club. I constantly hear the coyotes and on one occasion had them run deer up in my yard about 3am one morning. I'm not a hunter as the wife thinks deer taste gamy. ( everything I've ever hunted shot back)
That said. Is their anyone in the Canton area that would like to sit on my back deck and call a few coyotes in to kill? No charge for doing so other than I expect you to be respectful and responsible. If you want to share a little deer jerky or deer meat that would be a plus but not necessary. ( unlike my wife I like wild game)
Are you still looking for someone to call those coyotes? I use thermal and night vision.

Back
Top Bottom