• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Crossbow broadheads

I don't know if this should be in the archery section but since we are in bow “hunting” season figured i would ask here.

So….I’ve been bow hunting for about 33-34yrs now and have just made the jump into a crossbow(bad shoulder) and got a excalibur. My question is what is everyone using for broadheads? I have always shot a fixed blade muzzy with my bow and never had a problem. I know Rage has some good reviews but i had one not open years ago and it scared me back to my Muzzy’s.

What should i shoot out of this thing? Im getting about 368-373fps out of it.
I have 2 different Excalibur's and have killed at very least 60+ deer with them. The only broadhead I shoot is NAP Spitfire. They don't have the retainer collars or rubber bands to fail you at the worst possible time. They fly true as my field points and are wicked on deer. I've killed far more deer with those broadheads than any bullet. I have complete faith in them and as long as I do my part they do theirs. Good luck to you sir.

I have 2 different Excalibur's and have killed at very least 60+ deer with them. The only broadhead I shoot is NAP Spitfire. They don't have the retainer collars or rubber bands to fail you at the worst possible time. They fly true as my field points and are wicked on deer. I've killed far more deer with those broadheads than any bullet. I have complete faith in them and as long as I do my part they do theirs. Good luck to you sir.
Which ones? 100gr?
I've killed a pile with the Rage Crossbow Heads. I have zero issues with them.
if they work for you then awesome but the one time i tried with with a traditional bow(mathews) i had one not open on a quartering away shot and have read soooo many testimonials on them that they are not even on my list to consider.
I think I’m gonna either do the swackers or grim riper if i do mechanical but i ordered some new muzzy trocar and a pack of the nap thunderhead nitro’s. I really dont want to use a mechanical broadhead but if these dont fly right then i guess thats will be the direction i go.

100 Grain green 2” swhackers all day long.
Never a failure over 100 deer killed.
The 2” wound channel is devastating.

I know some have had good luck with rages but I had a failure with two of them from the start and threw them in the trash gladly.

The swhacker is my archery version of the 300
Win mag….small hole in front ……giant hole in the back and it doesent let bone stop it.
I hit a does once on a slight quartering away shot and the swhacker literally severed the opposite shoulder,,,,it was hanging on by a tendon.
I would not want to get shot with one of these suckers.

Attachments

• IMG_4359.jpeg
    IMG_4359.jpeg
    414.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3402.jpeg
    IMG_3402.jpeg
    311 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom