• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Current threat level?

boom.

i50.tinypic.com_343t8co.jpg

Nice piece Tommy!!! Just got my ugly ass plastics, but I did pick up some long summer shirts to hide it today

Im ditching the plastic grips on the p7m8. The girlfriend bought me some NILL wood grips for the p7m8 so im excited.
Just jumped back a couple pages to see it. I'm not big on hk's but I envy the p7. I will own one some day.
Is the p7 the 8 round with heat shield? How important is that heat shield, looking at getting a PSP some day but heard the gasses get purty damn hot.

Just jumped back a couple pages to see it. I'm not big on hk's but I envy the p7. I will own one some day.
Is the p7 the 8 round with heat shield? How important is that heat shield, looking at getting a PSP some day but heard the gasses get purty damn hot.

Yeah the PSP does NOT have a heat shield. The m8 and m13 do. After about 5 or 6 mags down range in short order...the PSP can get so hot you cant hardly stand it. The heat shield really helps. a LOT.

Its very possible that threat level is up, but its also possible the EDC mindset can make you pay more attention to events that have happened since the dawn of man.
That being said, Ayoob cites some statistics that violent crime rates have gone through the roof. When comparing different countries' per capita violence, THE deciding factor is television. Little children can't tell whats on the screen from reality. They become desensitized in much the same way one must be desensitized and conditioned in order to be an effective soldier. However, this densentizing isn't directed or controlled, and its happened at a highly vulnerable age. TV arrives to a country, and 15 years later, as the kids reach their most unstable age (late teens early 20's), violence rates go up.
Now what worries me, and what might be a contributing factor to some of the more heinous acts lately, are video games. Call of Duty and other shooting games that depict very realistic violence CAN'T be good for young minds. I know of a neglected 5 year old who can barely speak english but makes great headshots on COD. What happens when he hits puberty? I suspect over the next 10 years or so the violence level will continue to climb, and it will be all the more important for the trained/educated good-guys to carry.

Back
Top Bottom