• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cussing

I would not want my 13 yr old grandson walk in and see some of the stuff on this site already. The sigs, avatars etc. Just some comments are sick. And most of this can be seen in the gun sale forums. I guess cussing makes people feel like grownups.

I would not want my 13 yr old grandson walk in and see some of the stuff on this site already. The sigs, avatars etc. Just some comments are sick. And most of this can be seen in the gun sale forums. I guess cussing makes people feel like grownups.

When your 13 year old grandson registered, did her click the box that asks if he is 18 years or older?

I might agree on easing the censor in the BR but this site is way better than most.

"I am a potty mouth. I am a potty mouth. I am a potty mouth." is the definition of over moderation.

It has nothing to do with the first amendment, I would guess the censorship is necessary to not offend so much that people won't want to join and feel comfortable here. And I think Steve and the mods do a good job of letting people speak their minds without letting the place run so wild it turns off membership. Personally I think the very concept of "cuss" words is silly. Why the hell someone would be offended by one word over another is beyond me?

Back
Top Bottom