"custom" guns

I gave up a long time ago on all the AR nonsense. The difference in the best and worst AR is pretty much zilch as far as functionality. Even the polymers are probably okay till you drop it. Name brand on an AR means very little to me other than I really would like to stumble onto a deal on a preban colt at some point so I can crank up some Hendrix and pretend I'm in the Nam. What I'm getting tired of, is people trying to pass off what isn't for what is. I would love to see an ad here for a Golani Sporter for a change that isn't trying to pass it off as a Galil.

Who ****ing cares.......

As long as you list out the parts you use I can use my own judgement from there. If you can't use your own judgement with full info given, then you deserve to get ripped off.
what he said^^^.....i see those ads all the time and they dont bother me a bit.....and im a gunsmith too

It's not really any different than most "custom" choppers/motorcycles ... someone buys a frame, a motor and a bunch of components and puts them together and since you can't buy one just like that it's "custom"

The thing about an AR15 is that they were specifically designed so that dumb kids can be armorers .... the barrels are sold properly headspaced in the barrel nut etc so that any dummy can tear it apart, put it back together and know with a drop in go/nogo gauge that it should work or not ..... the only problem that I have is when one of these guys builds an AR and calls it custom and wants you to pay them the sum of all the parts that they put into it when you can go buy a new factory gun with all of those features for 1/2 the price.

why is it that everybody that puts together a frankenstein in their livingroom or ads a bunch of aftermarket crap lists them as "custom" guns? it makes people think twice about purchasing a real custom put together by an expert. I know some people get a kick out of it but it is annoying. I don't want a gun built by a kid who used to put model cars together and thinks he's a gunsmith. posted by a REAL gunsmith.

I admit to using the term assembling instead of building of my AR's. Many of mine are complete custom assembled from the ground up.

They're not customized factory offerings, but completely assembled by me. I rarely sell any em' though, as they are truly custom hand assembled by me for me.

If I do sell one, it damn sure won't be listed here though! Just like the gov't, too damned many ways for me to incorrectly fill out the form. I'd just end up pissing too many of ya'll off with the wording of my description.

:deadhorse:Yes I agree with assembled.Built no.So don't tell me you built an AR unless you have a machine shop out back and manufactured all parts.Then you would need copyright licence and permits to do so.

Back
Top Bottom