Customer Service regarding 2 gun stores both new to me

Yes, George and George Jr at The Gun Room are very great guys, especially being a small shop. I cannot say the same about Deaton's in Loganville who act like they are doing you a favor just by their existence. The Co-owner is a big shot with the Walton Fire Department, and knows how to talk to people and is very friendly. Then owner-not so much.

If you would like an alternative to The Gun Room, and are in need of true gunsmith work you may want to check out

The Shooter's Den.
1040 Turkey Industrial Blvd
Watkinsville, GA 30677-2772

(706) 310-1234

Tom McElhaney is the owner and even teaches classes on reloading. Has plenty of equipment in house along with supplies.

One special thing about him is whenever you special order through him, it is 10% over cost + sales tax. Tom is a former NASA engineer, and sometimes will give you more information on specific metals, ballistics, etc. than you really want to know, but his information is always spot on. Want to make friends with him, just ask about going prarie dog hunting with a Lapua. He will light up like a Christmas tree. He will be the first to tell you that his place is not a gun store, but a gun shop!

This is not to put down The Gun room, but sometimes we have needs that one shop can not always fill, and it's good to know where we can go to get what. If anyone goes to his shop, how about dropping a review and give me some feed back. I am going to take a couple of Toms reloading classes (the more in the class, the cheaper the class) once I get back from deployment and would like to get your input.

Thanks.

I had the same exact experience at David's a few weeks ago. I went in looking for some ammo and saw a few other things I wanted. Was ready to spend around $500, and just waited patiently for awhile. After about 15 minutes of not being acknowledged I started trying to flag someone down. After them still acting like they didn't see me for 10 minutes I walked out. I have bought stuff there before, but will not step foot in there again.

I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars at David's. David and Mary are very good people. I mean I have to stand around for a good bit before I get help, but that's why, every time I get a chance to talk they take their time with all the questions I have and help or direction in what I need. Take in mind I've lived a mile away from there for almost 18 years

Shooters den is a good place. The owner was very nice and knowledgeable. A real pleasure to talk to. He told me all about the AR-7 rifle.

Back
Top Bottom