• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cut and thread a barrel HELP

krazzzzy8

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
106   1
Reaction score
Does anyone know anybody or any place in the Warner Robins or Macon area who can turn down and thread the end of a barrel, cheap and soon, I am on a budget and don't like to wait, when I get an idea in my head, I need to do it quick or I loose interest. haha HELP SOMEONE PLEASE

Oakridge can do it for 70.00 and and a week and a half latter and I don't think that is cheap, I can thread it but do not have the equipment to turn it down and most of the machine shops that I have called won't touch it because its gun related.

70 bucks isnt cheap? You know that when it comes to smithy work that there are three ways its available, cheap, fast, and correct, you can pick one and only one of those three ways. My suggestion is going with the correct way, which isnt necessarilly cheap nor is it fast.

70 bucks isnt cheap? You know that when it comes to smithy work that there are three ways its available, cheap, fast, and correct, you can pick one and only one of those three ways. My suggestion is going with the correct way, which isnt necessarilly cheap nor is it fast.

This. 70 bucks is REALLY cheap. I paid 160 to get my scorpion threaded. Many others wanted over $300.00. you get what you pay for. If they thread it wrong many worse things can happen. Baffle strikes come to mind.

I have all the barrel alignment tools and taps and dies, and cutters but no lathe or milling machine or access to one, so my only option is go somewhere and have it done, I really just need it turned down....

Back
Top Bottom