CZ cancels P10's and stops CZ USA production

Does this mean all my P series guns will sky rocket in value since "they don't make em anymore"?
You joke but it seems like every time I buy a gun to be my main beater carry gun, the thing becomes a collector's item and becomes too valuable to be a beater gun. My first carry gun was a Smith 586, followed by a Smith 645, first gen Glocks, then I bought a boat paddle Ruger 77 for my all weather hunting beater. So if the P10 F optic ready becomes the newest collector able. I guess I'll have to find another carry gun.

You joke but it seems like every time I buy a gun to be my main beater carry gun, the thing becomes a collector's item and becomes too valuable to be a beater gun. My first carry gun was a Smith 586, followed by a Smith 645, first gen Glocks, then I bought a boat paddle Ruger 77 for my all weather hunting beater. So if the P10 F optic ready becomes the newest collector able. I guess I'll have to find another carry gun.
The most shocking of those to me is the boat paddle Ruger. WTF? It's like I went to sleep and those were entry level beater guns. Out of box MOA was not good, gritty actions, marginal triggers and kicked like a mule. But they were great for beater guns. They were $350 all day in the 90's. Now you can't touch them for under $1k. They were one step short of being in the $99 gun barrel with the SKS's. Those are now up about 400% as well... CRAZY!

CZ has discontinued more guns than most manufacturers have ever made. Maybe I read it wrong, but it said no more US made P10’s…. There are still Czech made P10’s being produced. It read like a disgruntled former employee blowing off steam. Has anyone found legitimate sources for this info?

Not I. Still, the shutdown of the Remington ammo plant was just rumor until it was sold and started back up again.

Most of CZ's production is from overseas anyways, so I always got the feeling CZ-USA was simply a distributor more than anything. I could be wrong but I really thought the only US production was in the Dan Wesson line.

It was my understanding that USA also did some assembly of specific models - from parts supplied from Europe. If I understand correctly, the optics-ready P10F slides were milled in the US, which makes sense - US consumers are demanding those kinds of features - but it sounds like the claim is that won't be happening in future.

I just hope they lost the mixing instructions for that butt-ugly "Urban Gray" color they offered.

Damn, we all read the same rant, I dont know where you guys are getting any further info, please post links. Theirs a LOT of jumping to conclusions here as to what CZ Colt is going to do or not do, and unless it is substantiated, it is nothing more…if you have legitimate info, please post links.

I'm not awfully worried about the supply and availability of CZ models in general. I think that the imminent economic downturn will result in models being discontinued for perfectly good reasons, but I expect we'll still see a good range of offerings. If Colt-CZ becomes just an importer of everything in the CZ catalog even the QA on products won't be impacted, although warranty may well become a sh*tshow, and maybe they'll screw up importation of parts.

What may well change - as I said above - is that Dan Wesson either disappears, or ends up being run by the same bunch of jackasses (or at least the same thinking) that tanked Colt. Just as I was starting to warm to the idea of getting a nice 1911 with subtle roll-marks on the slide.

And in response to #geezer's (perfectly cromulent comment) - yep, this is all speculation, but I had the dubious pleasure of reviewing Colt's financials professionally over the last 5 years, so I know what the leadership of Colt are capable of.

Back
Top Bottom