• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dad's raising kids with special needs

I have a 2 year old son with down syndrome...they got all sorts of cool new age names to call it...but I stick to the old school...my son who is my 5th child (#6 is in the oven)...is my everything...its not a challenge...its just pure love...
20210520_201424.jpg

I have a 2 year old son with down syndrome...they got all sorts of cool new age names to call it...but I stick to the old school...my son who is my 5th child (#6 is in the oven)...is my everything...its not a challenge...its just pure love...
View attachment 3319951

The kids with downs that were in school with my daughter are the most loving people I've ever met.

Bl
It's easy really (but there are difficult times as well).
Mine brings such joy to me, his mother, little brother, and Grandmother. Can't imagine what life would be like without him.
Happy father's day to all others.

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Bless all you Dads raising a special needs child(ren). I too am raising my 10 year old autistic son by myself for the last 7 years. Some people I meet & friends ask how I do it. It’s all by Gods Grace and love. It can be a challenge with daily difficulties but we make it through. Keep it up guys, you are not alone.

View attachment 3319951

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT BROTHER!

Down syndrome people know nothing but love.. that can be a downfall too in some cases.. because some pos people look for the weak to prey on.. I’ve seen it 1st hand.. my sister who passed away few months ago had downs.. in school sometimes punks would be mean to her and the other special kids.. I was THEIR PROTECTOR.. i m sorry I hi jacked this please forgive me.. I just have such a love for those kids.. forgive me please

Down syndrome people know nothing but love.. that can be a downfall too in some cases.. because some pos people look for the weak to prey on.. I’ve seen it 1st hand.. my sister who passed away few months ago had downs.. in school sometimes punks would be mean to her and the other special kids.. I was THEIR PROTECTOR.. i m sorry I hi jacked this please forgive me.. I just have such a love for those kids.. forgive me please

So sorry to hear of your sister's passing.
Thank you for being there for her and the others.
We love ya brother!

I know a couple (Not well) who have2 kids on the spectrum. One much worse than the other. One day she was at a restaurant and her son started having an episode (Not real sure what else to call it). She was doing g all.she could to handle the situation. A guy at the table next to her who was obviously put off by this. Said very loudly you should get a man in your life to teach you how to raise your children. Your kids are in need of a good disciplining and if you won't give it to them you need to find someone who will. I'm pretty sure had her 6'8" husband had been there he wouldn't of said a ****ing word.

I know it gets frustrating and I've seen a lot of comments on here about "how to raise" your kids. After hearing this story l try not to assume that it's bad parenting all the time. I have a special place in my heart for the parents that have to handle a child that you basically can't just say no to. It's different and l applaud your strength to work through these things with your children.
God bless all of you.
Please don't read this as me saying you children are a problem type of difficult. They do require much more of your undivided time and energy type of difficult. Which l know is given fully out of love.

I've been around parents with special needs kids. They're a strong group of people that wouldn't have it any other way. God bless those special families

Back
Top Bottom