Darn Glock

sami weinbergstein

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
26   0
Reaction score
So I have this Glock 17 Gen4 which I picked up a while back. But I have always been a 1911 person and that is what I carry. So I take the Glock to the range as I know they point different then the 1911 and I figure I run some ammo down range and when I cannot hit the target as it points different then my 1911 that will give me good reason to put that old glock up for sale here. Well wouldn't you know it, put the first target out to 10 yards, one mag all in the 10 ring-----damn glock!!! Ok, I will put it out all the way to 25 yard (max distance of the gun range) run another mag thru her and---damn Glock---all still in the center of the target off hand..........now that means I have to keep the darn thing!! Damn Glock

Its a shame that you can buy a gun for 500 bucks and NEVER have to do anything more to it other than feed it ammo. Unlike a 1911 that costs 2 grand and you gotta send it to the smith for it to run ball ammo.

I talked bad about the plastic pistols... then decided I should give it a fair shake. I bought a police trade in G17 at a gun show for like $375. Now that one has a few brothers and sisters.

They accomplish what they're supposed to do quite well. And I'm very happy that the 9mm mags interchange between different size pistols.

Its a shame that you can buy a gun for 500 bucks and NEVER have to do anything more to it other than feed it ammo. Unlike a 1911 that costs 2 grand and you gotta send it to the smith for it to run ball ammo.
can't imagine what type of 1911's you have had but all 3 of mine run perfect with great groups out of the box. When I was at the range the other day I ran a 8 round mag from one of my 1911's with a 3 1/2 in barrel. Normally I use masking tape to tape up my target but when I pulled it in it looked like I had put my fist thru the target, such a big hole I could not tape it up, and that was rapid fire, not well aimed shots. I am a long time USPSA shooter so I cannot shoot slow! Granted that was only 15 yards but for a carry piece I will take that all day long.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom