• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Daughter shooting AR for first time

Dave550

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
44   0
Reaction score
I took the kiddo to shoot one of my AR’s for the first time last weekend. Started her at 14yrs on a .22 pistol. She’s 21 now and shooting 300-blk pistol suppressed like a pro. (Dad’s biased) Just made me happy. Excellent gun safety and respect for a firearm was engrained since day one, and continually reiterated. Great marksmanship was learned over time. Teach your kids. Don’t let ignorance take our 2A. Let them experience the joy of having their rights. Ignorance leads to crap like Biden is trying to push.

My 13 year old has her own youth 20ga nova. She loves my 556 and 300blkout. Says the 300 is smoother. Either way, I completely agree. Teach them young and teach them right. I don't think I need to state it but muzzle control, and keeping the booger hook off the bang switch are the two I emphasize the most.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

13 is a perfect age for a 20-gauge
Couldn't agree more. 11 she got to fire our remi 10-22 and the wife's walther. 12 she became fairly accurate so we got her her own youth compound bow to have fun with in the back yard. Then came the 20ga. I think she's good for now. Pretty good at trap er our rendition of it.
I use a can cannon with whatever is cheap.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I took the kiddo to shoot one of my AR’s for the first time last weekend. Started her at 14yrs on a .22 pistol. She’s 21 now and shooting 300-blk pistol suppressed like a pro. (Dad’s biased) Just made me happy. Excellent gun safety and respect for a firearm was engrained since day one, and continually reiterated. Great marksmanship was learned over time. Teach your kids. Don’t let ignorance take our 2A. Let them experience the joy of having their rights. Ignorance leads to crap like Biden is trying to push.
Sir, to you and all the other parents teaching their younguns to shoot safely and have fun, thank you and God bless you. You are keeping our sport alive and teaching your children some of the value of freedom. Happy trails.

Back
Top Bottom