Daughter's first day shooting

CostaRicaBound

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   0
Reaction score
What a PROUD Dad I am!!! Yesterday I set up some empty soda cans and DVDs (I was saving "Bowling For Columbine" for this special occasion) in the backyard, and broke out an old .17 pellet rifle. My daughter, 9 years old, took her first shots. The first few missed (set up at around 15 yards). But after that, she was nailing those targets one right after the other, making the cans dance and laughing the whole time! I do believe we have one more in our next generation happily on our side :)

She woke me up this morning and the first words out of her mouth were "Daddy, can we go shooting?"

Yup. I'm proud as a peacock!

i could have gave you my copy of twilight new moon i found in a dumpster to use

i'm glad to hear she enjoyed herself, just keep up the fun training regiment

Last edited:
Enjoy reading things like this, Taking the time and passing on skills...That the whole family can enjoy, and learning the safe way..Congrats!! DD

Isn't it a great feeling? My boys are 10 & 11 and I enjoy watching them shoot as much or more than I enjoy shooting myself. Congrats man. Sounds like it's time to start shopping for a Cricket with s pink camo stock.

Isn't it a great feeling? My boys are 10 & 11 and I enjoy watching them shoot as much or more than I enjoy shooting myself. Congrats man. Sounds like it's time to start shopping for a Cricket with s pink camo stock.

I was just about to say this, my daughter has a pink Crickett and can outshoot here older brother with it, she is patient and likes to shoot accurately, he likes to blow stuff up and waste all my ammo, I don't know where he gets that from? Good times shooting with the kids, I have found that reactive targets are better than paper for kids, keeps them entertained longer. Have fun!

These threads warm my soul. Not only is a father spending time with his children, but another child is being educated on the proper handling and use of firearms. Kudos to you sir.

Back
Top Bottom