• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Daytime running lights

Tony2X

Army Icon Supporter
This is not your planet.
22   0
Reaction score
I saw a Silverado today with the blueish daytime runnin lights and it looked good to me. I got a 2000 Siverado and was wonderin if anyone knew of the replacement bulbs were for me.

I believe you can't have blue lights on your vehicle, but could be wrong. I used LED pure white on my Yukon. Ebay was the cheapest I found them.

That's correct when last I spoke to the GSP no blue lights.
You may have flashing red, like the front turn signals on my bike, but even then expect you may get pulled over in a small town (Ball Ground, GA) by somebody saying only a fireman can having a flashing red. (Not true!)

Last edited:
Yep the blue light prohibition got me hassled. Not actually because I had or have any blue lights though.. but because I switched my license plate lights to white LED. Compared to traditional yellow-ish incandescent lights most white LED lights appear almost blue-ish. Couple that with the fact that my car is itself actually blue and the license plate lights shine at my car.. and it was enough to inspire Dawson County to pull me and give a warning to me. I attempted to explain to the deputy that they are merely white LED that they were not actually at all blue but he interrupted me in mid sentence to tell my they are colored blue and I should change them because the GSP will write me a ticket if they see it. It would have been pointless to argue and since he wasn't writing me a ticket, I just nodded thanked him for his help and he let me go on my way.

Back
Top Bottom