• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Decent rut buck

He’s nothing to write home about but I was tickled to get this one the other morning. I hadn’t pulled the trigger on a buck in the past 4 years at the spot I hunt. He was the biggest Ive seen around in that long so I gladly took him. I had heard plenty of shots all around me that morning so I knew they were definitely on the move but I hadn’t seen much around me. About 9:30 I decided to call it quits. I was climbing down the tree and almost at the bottom when I heard some running and heavy grunting up ahead. I saw the doe first run by and stop to look at him. I saw the buck through a narrow spot in the trees. I saw he had some good tines, mass and width. The ol bolt action 6.5 grendel handled him nicely. If they would have been 2 minutes later I would have been out of the climber and out of the woods.
Another bruiser some these bucks u never see until rut gets going . Hoped bought couple lottery tickets to maybe didn’t use up all your luck . Lol these time apt see big buck anywhere

He’s nothing to write home about but I was tickled to get this one the other morning. I hadn’t pulled the trigger on a buck in the past 4 years at the spot I hunt. He was the biggest Ive seen around in that long so I gladly took him. I had heard plenty of shots all around me that morning so I knew they were definitely on the move but I hadn’t seen much around me. About 9:30 I decided to call it quits. I was climbing down the tree and almost at the bottom when I heard some running and heavy grunting up ahead. I saw the doe first run by and stop to look at him. I saw the buck through a narrow spot in the trees. I saw he had some good tines, mass and width. The ol bolt action 6.5 grendel handled him nicely. If they would have been 2 minutes later I would have been out of the climber and out of the woods.
Nice buck buddy!
Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom