Deer drops dead at my feet

Or the dog digging a hole in the yard where the procedure was done.
Most of the neighbors might not want to watch either.
Well tell them to pull the blinds back down and go back to their rat killin': you got this one.

Reactions: BHJ
This would have been a great circle of life lesson for the kids, and a really good biology lesson as well. you could have explained the function of each organ as it fell out, and you would probably never be asked to babysit again.
Sounds like Phil from Duck Dynasty, bunch of little yuppie kids!

Do you tag a deer in a case like that?

I don't know about here, but in NY when some freak thing like this happened or you hit one with a car you can call DEC or the State Troopers and they will give you a free tag just in case so you can safely transport the animal home without worry of a conservation officer stopping you. We've stripped dear hanging from the rafters in my buddies garage with the doors open and had conservation officers ask us to see the tag if they couldn't clearly see it from the road, and they get a lot of poachers in upstate NY that way. Which is sad because NY gives away deer tags like candy, its not like its hard (or expensive) to get one. $35 for your sportsmans licence with fishing licence, bear, deer (1 buck, 1 muzzleloader buck or doe, 1 archery buck or doe), small game, and turkey licences (2 seasons for turkeys and 2 turkey each season) and you can get extra deer tags for $5 a pop regulated by population size. One year I ended up with 7 tags

So yesterday is opening day of bow season and all the hunters are hitting the woods.
Meanwhile I'm babysitting my niece and nephew in the suburbs. (Dunwoody)
I'm standing in the driveway when I hear this loud noise like one of the kids has knocked over something in the garage and as I turn I see that the noise is rapid hoof beats on concrete. This little deer comes streaking by full tilt and boogie catches about 3 good strides when it hits the grass. It then runs into my nephews pitch back baseball training net, breaks its neck and falls dead at my feet. ( nothing I could do to help it died nearly instantly)

I hope a deer dropping dead at my feet is a good omen of things to come this season.

Oh yeah pics, It did happen.
View attachment 542481

Just goes to show that the main purpose of a deer is to wind up on a plate.

I saw pics of the bodies of a deer and a coyote which went over a cliff. The coyote still had its jaws locked around the deer's neck. Fall killed 'em both deader than ****.

Last edited:
Just foes to show that the main purpose of a deer is to wind up on a plate.

I saw pics of the bodies of a deer and a coyote which went over a cliff. The coyote still had its jaws locked around the deer's neck. Fall killed 'em both deader than ****.

Bet the coyote's name was Wiley.

Just foes to show that the main purpose of a deer is to wind up on a plate.

ecadforum.com_News_wp_content_uploads_2011_10_never_give_up.jpg

Good on the dear for taking the yote out with it.

Back
Top Bottom