Deer, Hog & Coyote Hunt opportunity (See below)

Who is able to come out for a few days during the following dates.

• Total voters
I'm sure you'll get something big outta there.
I'm way to busted up to climb those mountains anymore.
Thanks brother! It’s a place that can push you to the brink if you aren’t prepared for it. My first hunt there was humbling to say the least. Mountain hunters definitely have my respect.

I am still dwelling on the bear I lost back there last December. That would’ve been my first bear ever.
I found some really good deer and bear sign during that December hunt in two spots last year. There was a lot of white oaks in there, so hopefully they’re dropping this fall. My buddy sat on the deer sign in an area a mile below our camp and never saw anything. We had a big buck walk up into our camp the night before the hunt. The finger we camped on led down to that spot, so I think he was on his way to work those scrapes when he wandered through our camp.
I’ll go scout that spot first. I found a better way in there too that will give me a downhill drag or pack-out that’s half the distance. If I get to go back in December, I’ll check it then to see if the red oaks are dropping or still in abundance on the ground. There was a lot bear scat and other bear sign in there last December.
Heck, I cleared bear scat from the ground when I set my tent up last season.

If that spot is a bust, I have a plan B, C, D and E.

Serious question. If you kill a bear in Cohutta, how the hell do you get them out?
Considering I have never been there, I will be bringing a SKEDCO I have from back in my Army Days... Im hoping this would make things easier. If still proves to be a challenge, this is why i'd be going with someone else :peace:. Help...... Lol.

As of right now, I haven't quite secured the time off to make this happen as of yet.

Respectfully
Chris

Considering I have never been there, I will be bringing a SKEDCO I have from back in my Army Days... Im hoping this would make things easier. If still proves to be a challenge, this is why i'd be going with someone else :peace:. Help...... Lol.

As of right now, I haven't quite secured the time off to make this happen as of yet.

Respectfully
Chris
Yeah that looks like it would definitely help, but I have heard real horror stories about getting bear out of mountainous terrain even with things like this and several others to help.

Yeah that looks like it would definitely help, but I have heard real horror stories about getting bear out of mountainous terrain even with things like this and several others
Work for it. Luckily I'm not far out and have some great dependable friends/family. Good lord willing Bring your packs lol. Bear44 Bear44 you oughta consider the hunt.

Back
Top Bottom