Deer With Ear Tags

I do remember in Virginia Deer with tags, but not big plastic tags, these were metal bands through the ear.
They had a program where they were takeing deer from Texas, and Virginia was sending deer to them to get a bigger breed.
I use to work for the State Water Control Board in Va, we pretty much worked with the game Commission on alot of Programs like this, including Mnt Lion and Wolf.
But the Tags they used were not large and visible.

I would be will to bet it came from UGA, They usually collar and track them too but lots of times the collars fall off. Their was a recent post on GON with pics about the same yellow tags.

had farmer catch a doe fawn and put cow tags in her ear i saw her one day while bow hunting and dint shoot and was talking ti him about it and he told me he caught it in the pasture and tagged it the year before

If you have a Georgia hunting license, a big game license, you are legally on the property you are hunting and it is a whitetail deer, it is legal to shoot. If it WAS from a game ranch, UGA or the CDC, it has escaped and is now fair game....literally!!

WHACK HIM!!!

Back
Top Bottom