• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

(Delete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, however, the incompetent leadership seems to be the one to blame here.
The student, on the face of it, seems to have been doing the right thing by seeking training.
I'll click the link now...
How do we know the leadership was incompetent? Could the trainee not followed instructions?

Simple responsibility.
Same as if I am giving basic instruction to my children.

Also, where was the range officer?
I'm thinking he was the range officer.
His range. His rules. His class. His ultimate responsibility. In my opinion.
On the face of it. He could have been murdered after it is said and done.

I'm not a firearms instructor. I have had years of training though.
If someone is shot in all but the most rigorous advanced combat drills then the leadership does not have the necessary command and control needed to be conducting the training. Again, my opinion.

This is like a crazy gun range here in Georgia, where these crazy SOB's rent guns and bullets , and when they hit the Range they start horse playing with their friends and there guns start being pointed your way, then they get upset when you tell them if that guns off, My way I'm returning Fire, it's mostly older Asain men that I see doing this!!! I once had the gun store guys look at the video and he threw 5 guys out.

Also, before conducting live fire drills an assessment or just observation most likely would reveal the any lack of competence handling the firearm.
Most of the people who I have been around either make 0 handling mistakes or make enough over a short period of time that I know they are dangerous.
It seems to have been a short duration basic civilian class that progressed too fast to be as trusting as to the student's skill level.
I'm supposing quite a bit, but the basic concept of the leader's responsibility is sound.

The counter at the Shooters' indoor range here in Columbus has several bullet holes and ricochet marks in it...

Simple responsibility.
Same as if I am giving basic instruction to my children.

Also, where was the range officer?
I'm thinking he was the range officer.
His range. His rules. His class. His ultimate responsibility. In my opinion.
On the face of it. He could have been murdered after it is said and done.

The article states he was shot while in a different room from the student. So... while unsupervised a nitwit was dicking around with his gun when he shouldn't have been, put his booger hook on the bang switch and shot his instructor thru the wall.

Sounds like more a hazard of the occupation than negligence to me.

Thank goodness I'm not on the jury,
Re-reading the article.
The counter at the Shooters' indoor range here in Columbus has several bullet holes and ricochet marks in it...

The article states he was shot while in a different room from the student. So... while unsupervised a nitwit was dicking around with his gun when he shouldn't have been, put his booger hook on the bang switch and shot his instructor thru the wall.

Sounds like more a hazard of the occupation than negligence to me.

I get it, shot in the other room.

You ever see that video where the "rebels" let that monkey handle an AK?

Also sounds like the kid vs monkey and croc stories. Where was the instructor representation?
Firearms safety and training is taught under supervision.
Basically the same to me.

Also, a simple risk assessment would reveal a likely reduction in risk with added supervision. (I contend would have stopped this incident) Risk assessment is an occupational procedure.
Even if a risk assessment was done it was not effective.
A firearms class should be a very controlled environment set by the leadership.
I could be being too hard on him, but, he is dead after all and that sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom