Deleting Marked as gone items?

DaveTheMinion

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
94   1
Reaction score
One thing that gets irritating as you start browsing through the pages of the classified you'll hit pages where every thread is gone/closed gone closed gone closed as well as 20x pages of threads that simply say "item relisted". Could there possibly be a way that when we mark Item gone the thread gets deleted as well as all of the relist threads? Would save the site bandwidth as well as clean up classified ads.

I'd like to see the relisted items delete out. I have a bunch of stuff that is priced good, but has a limited audience (tactical mag pouches, Left handed holsters etc...). When I get the PM saying they are ready to relist, I do it. Then, you get a trail of links. Just about the time you get tired of reposting and think of putting the items back in the box, somebody contacts you about them so the link trail gets longer.

Me too, I read almost all the closed threads to see what things sold for.
a huge percentage of them are erased or all they say is....sold,gone ,traded,etc ....

I'd like to see the relisted items delete out. I have a bunch of stuff that is priced good, but has a limited audience (tactical mag pouches, Left handed holsters etc...). When I get the PM saying they are ready to relist, I do it. Then, you get a trail of links. Just about the time you get tired of reposting and think of putting the items back in the box, somebody contacts you about them so the link trail gets longer.
Can we at least get this done to get rid of the clutter ;]

Personally I don't see me going thru page after page trying to track down relisted items so I can delete the earlier listing but if you PM me and ask I will open your thread history and delete them for you. I don't know for sure but I don't think any other mod would be opposed to cleaning them up for you. You might ask Okuma Steve if there is a way to delete the prior listing when you use the re-list feature. If not, as I said I have no problem doing it manually on request.

I just moved 1500 relisted items to the trash pile :D

Next time I have some work done on the classifieds I will get the developer to make it so when you relist the old thread automatically goes to the trash pile, for now we just have to do it manually. Mods- All you have to do is search thread titles for "item relisted!" to easily get them all on the same page, then use inline mod to select all.

Back
Top Bottom