• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Depression glass value?

Take it to your local antique shop, those old lady's can tell you every thing about it and probably buy it or sell it for you
Post some pics of them

My mom collected quite a bit of the Pink Dogwood pattern in the 1970s and invested a whole lot of money in it. She died about 5 years ago and passed it on to me. I asked my daughter if she wanted it and that was a hard no. I checked with several antique dealers and glass dealers and they weren't even interested in taking it off my hands cheap. I spent a lot of time on google looking for glass dealers and depression glass dealers and I finally decided that it was a lot like Beanie Babies that were popular for a time and now show up at yard sales cheap. I'll continue to hold on to mom's collection because she took a lot of pride in gathering the pieces. She attended a ton of glass shows back when she started and had a lot of reference books.

IMHO I'd keep it, doesn't take up a ton of room if you box it all up and store it. Maybe someday you'll get the urge to get it out and admire it for what it meant to your parents.

My mom collected quite a bit of the Pink Dogwood pattern in the 1970s and invested a whole lot of money in it. She died about 5 years ago and passed it on to me. I asked my daughter if she wanted it and that was a hard no. I checked with several antique dealers and glass dealers and they weren't even interested in taking it off my hands cheap. I spent a lot of time on google looking for glass dealers and depression glass dealers and I finally decided that it was a lot like Beanie Babies that were popular for a time and now show up at yard sales cheap. I'll continue to hold on to mom's collection because she took a lot of pride in gathering the pieces. She attended a ton of glass shows back when she started and had a lot of reference books.

IMHO I'd keep it, doesn't take up a ton of room if you box it all up and store it. Maybe someday you'll get the urge to get it out and admire it for what it meant to your parents.
Yeah, that’s the problem with a lot of people in this generation, they have zero interest in antiques and collectibles, so dealers won’t buy something hard to sell.

Back
Top Bottom