Dillon 650 or Hornady LnL

Appalachian American

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
7   0
Reaction score
Been studying this for a while. I like the bullet feeder and powder measure on the Hornady better. I need opinions before I buy one. Let me know what you guys with more experience think. Been using the lee turret press, I like it but it's a little bit fussy. Right now just doing .45 acp with cast lead 230 gr. round nose. If economics change may also do more of other calibers.

I use Dillon and wouldn't consider another progressive. My understanding is that the Hornady progressives can be really finiky.

If you're in Dallas, there is actually a Dillon dealer in Powder Springs. Might save a couple of bucks and shipping, his name is Dan Humphreys and he's a competitive shooter. He could be a great resource if you need help knowing how to set your press up. He's on here, you can PM the username mrdrhumphreys. He also sells reloading supplies, but primarily pistol stuff for high volume shooters in 9, 40, 45. You'll also find him at Stoddards Range most every Monday night and Govenor's Range every Tuesday night shooting IDPA. He'll even bring stuff to the match for you to pick up if that's more convenient.

I have been reloading for about 45 years. I have used and owned most all the progressives Including Hornady, RCBS, Lee up to and including the Dillon 1050. The 650 is the best progressive auto indexing machine made, with easy caliber changes. Easy to change calibers and least problematic of any of the Progressive machines. The Dillon 1050 is the best but harder to change calibers on and warranty is not as good as the 650 since its an industrial machine. Dillon 650 cannot be beat. The 550 is also a great machine but just not auto indexing and not good for a case feeder, and only has 4 stations. If you want the case feeder go with the 650. In fact its even a good investment over time as they sell used for almost as much as a new one. And in a few years it will be worth more than you paid. Get toolheads for each caliber.
DILLON 650.

Dillon buy it once, and then its done great unit, no BS warranty, have (2) 650's they are a work hosses....

BIG BLUE ALL THE WAY...

expensive yes, but it's ready when you are, when you have tried all the rest, then you will know should just started with best to begin with...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom