• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Diverticulitis

105thSoftail

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
Banned Permanently
12   0
Reaction score
I was diagnosed with Diverticulitis 2 years ago. It's an infection you get in you lower intestines and or bowels. 5 weeks ago I woke up one morning and knew I was going to have a "flare up". The infection on me was in my Sigmoid Colon right directly behind my bladder and prostate.
Within 1 hour of waking I knew something was really wrong this time, my abdomen started becoming really tender to the touch and breathing became difficult.
Drove to my family doctor here in Senoia, they called the wambulance to come get me
I get to the ER, they do a CT scan and found out my Sigmoid colon had become abcessed and perforated (had a hole in it) and all the nastiness was leaking inside my abdomen.
2 mgs of Dilaudid later I was on my way to emergency surgery to clean out my abdomen. I woke up on the 8th floor 8 hours later with catheter hanging out of my junk and a drain tube hanging out of my side. I laid there for 2 weeks on IV antibiotics and 4 hour interval shots of Dilaudid.
Then I began to hurt again
My internal medicine doctor showed up...they had to send me back to surgery to remove my entire Sigmoid colon.
A big shot of dilaudid and I'm waking in the worst pain I've ever felt in my entire life
The cut me from side to side just above my bladder right at the belt line(22 staples), went thru my belly button(5 staples), above my belly button (6 staples) and 4 arthroscopic cuts on each just below my ribs(2 staples each)
Again I woke up with a painful catheter hanging out my junk and a drain tube hanging out the other side of my abdomen
2 weeks out from the last surgery today I can still barely walk.
I've had extensive spinal surgeries over the last 17 years. I can say from experience that surgery in the abdomen area is MUCH more painful.
Anyway, that's my rant. I'm literally going to take my pain meds and fall back to sleep now

I was diagnosed with Diverticulitis 2 years ago. It's an infection you get in you lower intestines and or bowels. 5 weeks ago I woke up one morning and knew I was going to have a "flare up". The infection on me was in my Sigmoid Colon right directly behind my bladder and prostate.
Within 1 hour of waking I knew something was really wrong this time, my abdomen started becoming so ender to the touch and breathing became difficult.
Drove to my family doctor here in Senoia, they called the wambulance to come get me
I get to the ER, they do a CT scan and found out my Sigmoid colon had become abcessed and perforated (had a hole in it) and all the nastiness was leaking inside my abdomen.
2 mgs of Dilaudid later I was on my way to emergency surgery to clean out my abdomen. I woke up on the 8th floor 8 hours later with catheter hanging out of my junk and a drain tube hanging out of my side. I laid there for 2 weeks on IV antibiotics and 4 hour interval shots of Dilaudid.
Then I began to hurt again
My internal medicine doctor showed up...they had to send me back to surgery to remove my entire Sigmoid colon.
A big shot of dilaudid and I'm waking in the worst pain I've ever felt in my entire life
The cut me from side to side just above my bladder right at the belt line(22 staples), went thru my belly button(5 staples), above my belly button (6 staples) and 4 arthroscopic cuts on each just below my ribs(2 staples each)
Again I woke up with a painful catheter hanging out my junk and a drain tube hanging out the other side of my abdomen
2 weeks out from the last surgery today I can still barely walk.
I've had extensive spinal surgeries over the last 17 years. I can say from experience that surgery in the abdomen area is MUCH more painful.
Anyway, that's my rant. I'm literally going to take my pain meds and fall back to sleep now

Prayers for a full recovery. I have had 9 abdominal surgeries for intestinal issues to include an ostomy bag. Stay tough.

That sucks. My cousin had his colon removed because of nearly the same thing. He recently got rid of the colostomy bag. Hopefully you'll be better soon.

Back
Top Bottom