• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Do 74% of NRA members...

I don't see why they can't stop tying the background check to a specific gun.

Just do a background check and leave out the gun info. Then there is no registry created.

I would not like to have to do it, but if it would keep a repeat felon from buying a gun - then OK.

I agree. These checks are a smokescreen for Barry to develop a universal list of who has what.

You can bet if that happens we will see total confiscation. There is no doubt that it will happen eventually.

(No one in the media will point out that the vast majority of shootings are committed with stolen guns. A background check has never and will never stop a single one of those.)

The goal is to outlaw all private transactions. If they can do that, and keep up with the records they will know where each and every gun owner lives. There is no way the anti-gunners will let that slide.

"Universal Background Checks" are a facade and will never halt illegal gun transfers. Most crime guns are from straw purchasers (a friend buys it for them who is legally able). Straw purchases are illegal unless you’re the ATF creating data to use to legislate further gun regulation. It essentially bans legal "private sales" one of the last hurdles to impose registration of a fashion.

Mandating all private sales (in state person to person) go through an FFL with documentation or just a NCIS check is a form of de facto registration. Either way the gun is registered or if in failure the "individual" is registered. Most anyone who has a dog in the firearms rights fight understands the consequences of registration of either the gun owning citizens or firearms and the risk incurred.

We should just give in; "81% of gun owners support background checks on all gun sales". I got that off the internet. It's MAIG again with the same type of "poll".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom