• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Do I need a Glock 42?

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
I have a 642 and a Glock 43 I often pocket carry. I realize need has little to do with many gun choices. I'm trying to decide if I need a 42. There are situations where the 642 shines and times where the 43 gets the nod. There are also times I wish I had something a little smaller. Normally this is due to pocket shape or size. Is the 42 smaller enough to make a difference or woukd I have to step down to an Lcp?

The 42 will have less recoil than the other choices. The 42 will be a little larger than the 43 and maybe the same the 642. I have seen reports of the 42 being quite shoot able and accurate. I carry wadcutters in the 642 and federal 145's in the 43.

Does the 42 have a place?

I have a 642 and a Glock 43 I often pocket carry. I realize need has little to do with many gun choices. I'm trying to decide if I need a 42. There are situations where the 642 shines and times where the 43 gets the nod. There are also times I wish I had something a little smaller. Normally this is due to pocket shape or size. Is the 42 smaller enough to make a difference or woukd I have to step down to an Lcp?

The 42 will have less recoil than the other choices. The 42 will be a little larger than the 43 and maybe the same the 642. I have seen reports of the 42 being quite shoot able and accurate. I carry wadcutters in the 642 and federal 145's in the 43.

Does the 42 have a place?
I love my 42..... I don’t have it right now because Tyre defense is doing a new trigger on it and cerakoting and doing a Draco cut

If you want something smaller than the 42 go with an LCP2; best pocket pistol I’ve found.
I sold both my 42 and 43 and bought a P365; no regrets at all.

I love my 42..... I don’t have it right now because Tyre defense is doing a new trigger on it and cerakoting and doing a Draco cut
That sounds like you certainly like it.
If you want something smaller than the 42 go with an LCP2; best pocket pistol I’ve found.
I sold both my 42 and 43 and bought a P365; no regrets at all.
If I get a 42 it will be my smallest choice. I don't know if it's smaller enough to make a difference.
I had 365 and never could get used to it.

If you shoot the 43 with accuracy you are happy with then I would not get the 42. The 42 is just a little bit smaller and I think its not enough to be an CC game changer.

The 42 does make a difference for pocket and ankle carry. The LCP2 makes a REAL difference, but is pickier about ammo, so if you get one (and they are a good choice) test your carry ammo before to carry it for real.

If you shoot the 43 with accuracy you are happy with then I would not get the 42. The 42 is just a little bit smaller and I think its not enough to be an CC game changer.
I shoot the 43 well. I enjoy 100-150 rounds before discomfort. I guess that's a much as I can ask for a subcompact.

The 42 does make a difference for pocket and ankle carry. The LCP2 makes a REAL difference, but is pickier about ammo, so if you get one (and they are a good choice) test your carry ammo before to carry it for real.
Yes I figure the 42 will be like my other glocks and eat anything. I know adding a 380 will add a caliber to load for.

Back
Top Bottom