• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anyone have solar on their home??

I don’t have that info. For me there is zero up front cost. And as I mentioned in the book lol, the solar installer cut me a check to cover the first year of payments. It will be roughly $200 a month until the loan is paid off. After that it will be nothing at all except any upkeep and occasional battery replacement. The batteries are currently around 2k a piece. I have 3 and the cabinet can hold 6. You can run up to 12 on 1 inverter so if you have the cash you can go big and run much more of your home with it.

I’ll be able to tell over time how much lower my power bill will be. I’m hoping it’s significant. Bottom line is I added $200 a month payment so I’m hoping the power bill is much lower. It’s great to have the backup and assurance that when power fails, I’ll have cold and frozen food and hot water. Also the other outlets that we tied to the system.
As far as my system paying for its self...lol...not in my life time, but that’s not why I got it, I paid for it up front, and yes I could of found a better investment for the money, but I just didn’t care..put $61.000 dollars into it so I guess u could say I have that brand new big a.. truck on my roof!

Do you have the Generac system?
I have enphase, and the inverters get obsolete pretty quick..southern view energy 678-833-5191... now the rep is name amie, she is an idiot, don’t judge the company by her, the installer name is Scott and his crew, he is the owner, and is top notch, I been using them for over 10 yrs, the solar company’s in this area are more like your lack of options rather than your choice!..these guys are different, good luck, don’t use some third party company out of California or Oregon, be sure to ask the person on the phone where they pick up the phone at! They get u signed up, and get anyone they can to do the work

Make sure you have a new roof before spending the money on solar.

I am interested but afraid of the up front investment and not sure how much money you can make from selling extra to power company. Of course then you would also get taxed on it.
My power company, grey stone pays me about 1/2 for the power I send back to the grid as they charge me, which is a pretty big rip off, a solar system without batteries is half of a system, because at night time, your batteries power pretty much the entire house, except for a couple of things like ac, electric stove, and my hot water heater, which is a big draw of power

My power company, grey stone pays me about 1/2 for the power I send back to the grid as they charge me, which is a pretty big rip off, a solar system without batteries is half of a system, because at night time, your batteries power pretty much the entire house, except for a couple of things like ac, electric stove, and my hot water heater, which is a big draw of power
Get extra panels to charge your batteries in the day time, I got an extra 9...making 29 in all...1800 square foot house...total cost..$61.000... I just don’t like bills, or having someone...anyone dictating what I might do!..like roving brown outs in Southern California,coming to to area soon!..I’ve had 20 panels for the last 10 yrs, and just pulled the trigger on the batteries and extra panels, in ten years the longevity of the batteries increased quite a bit, and the price went down !

Just curious to see if anyone has a solar setup on their house. We decided to go for it this year. All my panels are mounted on the back of the house so it’s not a total eye sore, can’t see from the front at all. Got the Generac Pwrcell battery backup generator system as well.

It’s been pretty cool to see the whole process and learn the system. During an outage the battery backup powers the dedicated breakers that you choose to run. In my case it’s Fridge, deep freezer, hot water heater and select outlets downstairs.

I’ll be back. Gotta run. More to discuss. Seeing if anyone else is on it.
What kind of country do we live it? Stupid mother****ers run power overhead so they can catch all the wind and sleet and snow and ice stupid mother****ers rather than running it underground. But they are supposed to be some great government programs out there for solar! If you believe that ****!

They do a lot more than stupid electrical grid, and yes I could of gone with a different alternative to solar, propane driven generators (generac)..personally I didn’t take the tax incentive on my system, 1 less thing the government knows about me...lol... I’m sure if this crooked government wants to they will. But the whole thing about alternative energy sources boils down to taking care of yourself, because no 1 else will, What decision will u make?..better pull the trigger soon on that decision because **** will hit the fan pretty soon... and by the way, an emp blast will fry everyone’s solar system, unless u build a cover that can be applyied daily, except if the system is covered, how will the sun get to it?..and how strong will the emp. From China be in your area, so go with a combination of propane generators, and solar, and be sure to buy your propane tank out right, so u can buy propane from whoever u want to, because there is a huge difference in price from 1 company to the next, and if u don’t own the propane tank, the company that does will be your propane provider !

They do a lot more than stupid electrical grid, and yes I could of gone with a different alternative to solar, propane driven generators (generac)..personally I didn’t take the tax incentive on my system, 1 less thing the government knows about me...lol... I’m sure if this crooked government wants to they will. But the whole thing about alternative energy sources boils down to taking care of yourself, because no 1 else will, What decision will u make?..better pull the trigger soon on that decision because **** will hit the fan pretty soon... and by the way, an emp blast will fry everyone’s solar system, unless u build a cover that can be applyied daily, except if the system is covered, how will the sun get to it?..and how strong will the emp. From China be in your area, so go with a combination of propane generators, and solar, and be sure to buy your propane tank out right, so u can buy propane from whoever u want to, because there is a huge difference in price from 1 company to the next, and if u don’t own the propane tank, the company that does will be your propane provider !
Well said! It’s amazing the difference in pricing !

Smart man! Most people have no clue about the panel’s not being emp proof.

Back
Top Bottom