• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anyone know of a real, honest to God shoe repair shop in Georgia?

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
228   0
Reaction score
A place where people work and answer the phone. Not one of the dozens of hobbyists that polish shoes part-time to supplement their SSI disability checks and have not set up the voicemail boxes on their phones.

A real shoe shop with a leather stitching machine that can and will resole boots within a year of drop off? God help me but I miss living in Cincinnati (Ran's Shoe Repair) and Chicago.

There’s one in downtown Athens. Marvin’s Shoe Repair, maybe?

Heel Quick used to be in Lenox Mall, but I haven’t been there in a decade at least.

I sent my boots off to have the sole replaced, It was an online outfit. They did good work. Mailed out and back.

Like everything else, a mom and pop shop relies upon local customers. By having an online presence and a way to get customers ‘in the door’ and sell a product or service to a bigger audience.

Beat me to it. Good folks, I've picked up a couple of holsters there as well.

Roswell Wieuca Shoe Repair, 164 W Wieuca Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30342. I used them many years ago and it was run by a "good ol' boy. I don't know if the same guy runs it but they appear to be open based on an online search. It seems that most of the shoe repair shops are run by people from the countries that actually make the stuff.

Used to be “Johnson’s shoe repair” In Smyrna years ago, I’m sure it’s gone by now.
That is just one thing the next generation doesn’t pick up, Unfortunately.
We definitely have lost a whole slew of great repair businesses in the last couple of decades.
Everything has gotten so damned ‘disposable’ . I hate it. Just seems like a waste to me.

Back
Top Bottom