• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does anyone remember playing this game?

Did the same crazy things down under. Back when I was about 10 years old a buddy and I would play Cowboy and Indian.

I had found a real broken arrow and had filed the head off a 2" nail and tapped it into the end of the arrow and then sharpened it with a file. Made a bow from a willow branch and string and we were good to go.

The Cowboy would sit by the make believe camp fire and the Indian would shoot the arrow in an arc towards the camp fire and then stalk the "cowboy" until he was close enough for hand to hand combat. Unfortunately when it was my turn to be the cowboy the arrow ended up stuck in my calf muscle. I yelled at my buddy that he had shot me and stood up to show him the arrow hanging from my leg but he figured it was a trick and didn't show. Finally had to pull the arrow out and was only able to show him the hole and a bit of blood when he finally showed up.

Didn't go to the emergency room or doctor and I recall my father rubbing some sort of alcohol on the wound and my mother telling me I should have more sense. I don't think we even knew about Tetanus back then.

Tying 2 cats tails together and throwing them over a clothesline would get you a serious whooping.so I heard.

Tying 2 cats tails together and throwing them over a clothesline would get you a serious whooping.so I heard.
Speaking of cat tails, the plant type, during Dirt clod fights dipping the head into gasoline and using the stem as a handle ... lighting them and lobbing them into enemy camp...
While they were paying attention to the incoming torch assault ... you could usually pepper them with multiple clods without retaliatory fire for a few seconds.

Back
Top Bottom