• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does anyone still work on small appliances any more?

Gordylew

Firefighter Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
191   0
Reaction score
I go through some small room dehumidifiers. I buy them new and used and they all last about 2 years running them 24/7/365 in my guest house/man cave/work shop. I would love to find someone who knows how to repair them. They continue to run but the compressor go out so they basically become a air circulating devices. You know anyone who can work on them? know anyone who would like a nice air circulating device?

You need to go commercial if you’re running them all day. Big box store models arent designed to last very long running an hour a day. Much less 24…

IMG_2170.jpeg

$75 service call
$parts
$labor
very few appliances are worth repair now days , unless you can do it yourself.
This. Had an LG Dishwasher with a ten year guarantee on the motor. Seven years in the motor dies (engineering flaw in design, a $3 bearing gets wet and goes out and the motor dies).

LG will warranty the motor but only if an approved technician pulls it. Then said technician can order the new one, which would take "up to 6 weeks" (BS), then said technician must install it.

LG ONLY pays for the motor, not either "service call".

I found the motor on-line for way less than a service call. Installed it myself, took the old one apart and found the bad bearing and replaced it, so now I have a spare.

Nope, they're throwaways. Most last 1-2 years. I just buy the $23 extended warranty and go pick up a new Chinese disposable.
I repaired two identical ones I had sitting gathering dust.

Ability Refrigerants - the bullet piercing valve you can get from Amazon. Not hard to do if you're mechanically inclined

Back
Top Bottom