• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

DOJ / ATF Brace Letter

What it is is ATF publishing a document tomorrow and asking for public opinion on it. Maybe if enough people were to give an opinion they might actually do the right thing but people don't have time for that do they. It worked when they were discussing banning certain types of ammo. Could work again.

Problem seems that a lot of gun owners are adverse to putting their name on a letter to ATF... Somebody said it earlier. The squeaky wheel gets the attention, whether it's now for the opinion or later when the ATF is looking around for somebody to chase.

Waiving fees for stamps in exchange for registration. New angle I see they are trying. gotta get a list of the gun owners
^^this^^

Plus, their method of comment is intended to discourage comment unless you wanna put your name/address in writing on a public listing... all smacks of registration in one form or another. I won’t be a party to adding pistols to the list of growing NFA items. Next they won’t try to ban AR/AK BUT “free registration” then mags and so on... NO THANKS

I can assure you that if the government has any interested in what you are doing they already have access to all the info they want.

zzodtisweak.png

I wonder if they will back track on the braces that have already been approved by them as well. I have been debating on doing an sbr, but I will not be registering a pistol with the brace. I'm not gonna get put on the list again and not be able to put what stock I want on it.

Pistols will still be legal and braces will still be legal. Some braces any way. It is going to basically be determined by how it was made and how it is set up. For instance if you have a vertical grip on a so called pistol it is then an SBR. Nothing new. If you have an optic set up so that the only way you could shoot it is from the shoulder then it is an SBR. Still, nothing new. Braces won't be banned because technically you could if you were so inclined use one on a rifle with a 16" barrel. No idea why you would want to but you could.

Back
Top Bottom