• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

DOJ / ATF Brace Letter

well that wouldn't really make any sense if the aim is at eliminating braces from the market, not to say that you are wrong, you may be right idk. They like to confuse the hell outta everyone

The aim is registration. Pistol braces won't be banned, you will just have to have a tax stamp to put it on a <16" barreled gun.

I fully believe that this is a "testing the waters" to see if they get compliance, and then it will be much easier to pass through congress an full on registration of "assault rifles". Everyone getting all excited over free stamps to have a registered permanently pistol braced gun is just proving to them that a full on registration is within reach.

If the free stamp thing is true can you even imagine the amount of stamp requests they’ll receive? They’ll be back logged for 5 years, or more. Guess that’s what they want
DOJ and ATF state its gonna be a seperate process and that applications will be expedited .... but you know how thatll work

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This is what they're going after: Stabilizer Brace
IMG_14781.jpg

That foregrip qualifies that "pistol setup" as an SBR.

I fully believe that this is a "testing the waters" to see if they get compliance, and then it will be much easier to pass through congress an full on registration of "assault rifles". Everyone getting all excited over free stamps to have a registered permanently pistol braced gun is just proving to them that a full on registration is within reach.

You know most folks are just kidding about it. I already have quite a few things on the register, I’d be tempted but wouldn’t do it.

You know most folks are just kidding about it. I already have quite a few things on the register, I’d be tempted but wouldn’t do it.

I think some are joking, but a whole lot of people have "free" tax stamp in their eyes. My stamp collection is nearing double digits, and if it truly is a free tax stamp for an actual SBR, not a pistol braced AR, then I will probably submit one as I already planned to do another SBR. But, I sure as hell am not going to comply with every AR pistol I own.

Back
Top Bottom