Don't give up the fight against 41P!

Lazarus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
This is from SilencerShops website. I really like this company. If Cherokee wasn't so damn cheap I'd buy from these guys.

"We’ve heard a lot of comments from customers who think ATF 41P is going to happen regardless of what they do. As a result, it seems like many people aren’t taking the time to submit comments.

Remember the beginning of this year when everybody assumed that there would be a new assault weapon ban and there was nothing that could be done? Nothing came of that; and, with your help, there’s a good chance nothing will come of this either.

Even though this new rule change is a result of executive action, that doesn’t mean it’s going to automatically go through. In many ways, a rule change like this would be just as bad for the NFA Branch as it would be for customers and the industry.

Keeping that in mind, PLEASE take just a few minutes to submit a short comment on this rule change. If we could get thousands of comments – that would be a huge help in keeping this from going into effect."

Type something eloquent here so I can copy and paste into the form....

Change it around a little bit.

I am in opposition of the proposed changes.

These rule changes do nothing to address crime. It is already illegal to let unauthorized persons use firearms and NFA items

Legal NFA items are rarely used in crimes. If a person is willing to submit to background checks and an extended wait time they are showing a good faith effort that they are a law abiding citizen. It is a statistical anomaly to see a legal NFA item used in a criminal act. The facts are that creating a suppressor, short barreled rifle, or a machine gun is not technically difficult. People who have done the NFA paperwork using a trust do so because they are making a legitimate effort to comply with all U.S. laws, not because they are trying to game the system or pass through a loophole.

Time and Cost:

The NFA branch already has a backlog of paperwork stretching wait times for stamp approval to a year or more without this extra burden. The NFA examiners seem to be overburdened already from my firearms purchasing experience. I understand wait times have increased up to or past a year long wait. It is amazing that in this world of technology it takes so many months to review paperwork and issue a stamp, especially when a person already owns title 2 firearms. In any efficient or logical system the paperwork burden and wait would decrease for subsequent stamps after a person’s initial NFA purchase and stamp issuance.

Chief Law Enforcement Officer:

Signoffs are subjective, sometimes politically motivated, create de facto bans in some areas of the country, and cause undue burden on local law enforcement who are already overworked and underfunded. They get no compensation and have no obligation to take on this proposed new task. In some local political climates it would be career ending for a Sheriff to sign off on NFA paperwork, even though they assume no legal responsibility in signing the NFA forms. For this reason alone I do not expect many CLEOs to take on this new proposed task.

Back
Top Bottom