• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The 9mm vs 5.7x28 saga goes on

Sole Oak Supply

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
7   0
Reaction score
I got my arm twisted into starting a YouTube channel, so I started with a short on the 5.7x28 vs 9mm. This time I had subs and supers for the 5.7x28, and I loaded them alternating with the supers first.

Can you tell a difference in the 5.7x28 sub and 9mm sub?

Here is the link:

Please like and subscribe for more videos with amazing production quality...

Would've been better without music!! I think the sub 5.7x28 is hanging with the 9mm sub.

Nice work.
We appreciate the effort.

The 5.7 is an awesome round when you factor in everything it was designed to accomplish.

9mm was awesome at the time it was developed.

Today buying bullets that have an updated design for the task makes both very flexible in use if not cost.

I ran 9mm Hydroshocks & Gold Dots for years in my carry guns...still have some left.

My 5.7s I run some factory original stuff that is about 200+ feet faster than the commercial grade out in the wild.
I plink and practice with the slower ammo.

The "Hot" 5.7 ammo makes a huge difference in performance and you can replicate some of that in 9mm with +p ammo...not sure about the soft armor piercing qualities but in gel test it is awesome.

Thanks, I have been intrigued by the 5.7x28 round for a while.

It has been simmering due to gun and ammo cost, but PSA is changing both of those rapidly.

Also now you can buy the 40 gr Vmax for a few cents a round more than the FMJ and you can buy one ammo type for target and carry to simplify your life...

I plan on doing more testing with 22lr vs 9mm and 5.7x28

Just a note.

.45 acp is already expanded to .45

Less need for double taps with .45 acp so you don't have to carry as much ammo.

.45 acp will make women drop their panties in awe and your enemies wet themselves in fear.

Sorry..just didn't want to seem like a high velocity snob.

All joking aside most people will not spend the money on high performance ammo and just run ball ammo.

Cheap 9mm & 5.7 ball tends to penetrate light cover better than .45 acp.

I have seen .45 acp do massive energy dumps into objects used for penetration test.
( Cars, boats, housing components such as water heaters, doors, drywall, furniture, soft body armor/flak jackets. )

5.7 had a penetration requirement if I remember correctly.

There are several good penetration/expansion test on YouTube.

I think your on the right track and really do appreciate your efforts.

Has PSA stopped making the rock? Saw them everywhere for a while & now not that often?
Not that I know of, Just checked the website there are plenty listed. When they first came out a dealer could buy one at wholesale from them, and make a few bucks. Then they started giving away Blem models well below wholesale, and killed the value. I haven't seen a Blem in there emails for a while though.

Just a note.

.45 acp is already expanded to .45

Less need for double taps with .45 acp so you don't have to carry as much ammo.

.45 acp will make women drop their panties in awe and your enemies wet themselves in fear.

Sorry..just didn't want to seem like a high velocity snob.

All joking aside most people will not spend the money on high performance ammo and just run ball ammo.

Cheap 9mm & 5.7 ball tends to penetrate light cover better than .45 acp.

I have seen .45 acp do massive energy dumps into objects used for penetration test.
( Cars, boats, housing components such as water heaters, doors, drywall, furniture, soft body armor/flak jackets. )

5.7 had a penetration requirement if I remember correctly.

There are several good penetration/expansion test on YouTube.

I think your on the right track and really do appreciate your efforts.
Thanks the guy that got me to start the channel suggested penetration test, but I think there are plenty of those out there.

We may try that one day. I really like comparison videos, and it seems like most of you tube is single product reviews so that is what I plan to concentrate on.

Back
Top Bottom