• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dove Hunt Sept 3 & 4

Haven't shot birds in yrs. Might see what's up with comin down

Man, please don't take this the wrong way but Macon is a haul from my place (2+ hrs) and I would hate for you to drive down and be disappointed but if you want to come, I would be glad to have you.

Guess that's why I waited so long to post the hunt, waiting to see what the birds would do. I want to be sure everyone comes and feels like they got their $'s worth because that's how I would want to be treated. My neighbor has shoots every year and charges double what I'm charging and he charges for all ages 6 or 60. More times than not I hear so many of the people who go there complain about the cost and the fact that he charges for kids and I just don't ever want folks that unhappy with me, but at the same time these are migratory animals and you can't predict what they will do either...so frustrating!

A day in the field with 78Bronco sounds like a good day!
Maybe in October if you do it again I can make it.
M&G isn't a bad idea either.

Hey Bucket99! Been a while, hope you are doing well!

I'm really liking the M&G idea! If the birds are still flying opening weekend in Oct I'm pretty sure I'm going to make that happen. The whole field for the ODT!!

so how was it?

Slow, very slow. I was worried that would be the case. Like I said in the original post, I didn't have a ton of birds and I think that storm Friday hurt us. Really glad no one traveled from a long distance this time around. I'm gonna keep an eye on them though and if I get a bunch in during migration we will definitely do it again.

Back
Top Bottom