Dove Hunting Help in West Georgia (Paulding Forest WMA area)

meastt

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
103   0
Reaction score
So, Im an avid Deer/Hog/Turkey hunter but Ive never shot or hunted Dove.

I have this great 3 day weekend, Its dove Season Opener today and I have the itch to go give it a shot. Anybody heading out today/tomorrow or Monday and wanna show me some pointers?

My hunting lease is in Macon so i will just drive to Paulding Forest WMA to try my luck on my own if I have no takers.

Im willing to drive to anywhere within an hour of Carroll Co to learn something new.

If no one is heading out just leave a reply with your own pointers and Ill keep them in mind when I head out to the WMA.

Thanks Guys!

Wanna go hit up Joe Kurz tomorrow or Monday? Meriwether County. I've never been either and want to go. Already have my WMA license and HIP permit.

Wanna go hit up Joe Kurz tomorrow or Monday? Meriwether County. I've never been either and want to go. Already have my WMA license and HIP permit.

Sounds good but unless im reading the Regs wrong it says that we can only hunt dove today (9-1) and Sept 8th, 15th and so on.....So today only?

Dang. Thanks for the invite, I think im just gonna head up to JL lester its only about 30 miles from the house. Ill just play it by ear and check in later on here to post results (lol if there are any)

Do any good?

It was rather busy at JL Lester, I still had a good time though. I only got one Dove to fly over to a watering hole, I took two shots.........and missed :)...Hitting a flying bird is quite a bit harder than hitting a deer standing still lol.

Either way they have nice fields and watering holes for the birds so i will definately try again another day. Thanks for the location.

Back
Top Bottom