• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

DPMS AR-15 Oracle * $349 shipped * after $50 rebate

I was not looking for $1K weapon. I got my moneys worth. What more can you ask? Like I said before. In 63 years I have spent a LOT MORE and got a lot less.

I have owned a couple DPMS's in my time. I really didn't see the gross build quality everyone is talking about. However, this was years ago when they were not 349. If I was buying them to sell in a market hike I wouldn't be concerned with build quality in the first place. That 349 could easily go to 1,500 if the market happend to do a repeat of two or three years ago. I can't remember when it was. It use to be you could build one cheaper than you could buy one. Certainly not the case these days. Hell I see no way to build one for that. If I had the money to buy three I lied I wouldn't buy three. I would build another quality rifle or get started on one anyway.

I have one of those and I haven’t shot it, but I have another oracle that I shoot regularly. Never had any problems with it minus it does not like steel cases. I have had close to 5,000 rounds through mine over the years and no problems. All stock internals and still shoots 1-2 MOA if you can.

Thanks for the input. I have read several reviews that disagree and I already dropped the dime so we will just say I have spent more and got less so this is my new knock around AR. You said it goes bang and that is what I am concerned with. I already have quality and don't want to ding it up so DPMS it is.

Anyone else have input good OR bad?

Thanks

I got first AR couple years ago, happened to be this same rifle: dpms Oracle. Tricked it out with a bunch of Magpul furniture and a nice scope. Very accurate and no issues so far with about 500 down the pipe. It shoots as fast as I pull the trigger...

Guess I'm weird because I expect my truck gun, beat around gun to be something tough as nails and reliable. Unlike your safe queens you might actually have to count on your truck gun to save your life one day. DPMS Oracle doesn't fit that bill for me. Now for a cheap investment cause you're banking on another buying panic it's a good price. But you can still build cheaper than that if you source the cheapest parts available.

I bought one a few years ago and love it. I shot the piss out of it trying to make it malfunction. Long strings of fire with dirty ammo and it never quit. I have around 1k rounds thru it now. I like it so much I put a low pro gas block, utg rail, flip up sights, and magpul moe stuff on it and made it my home defense gun. You won't be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom