Dr recommendation the ATL area for Hernia and Lipo/tummy tuck?

Zeake

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
My Mrs has tasked me with finding her a Doctor to fix her umbilical hernia and tummy tuck.
I feel sure someone here knows of a good doctor that can handle that.

Thanks in advance.

I had Shoulder surgery in February and my surgeon is literally the Best in Atlanta. How, lets just say if your a pro athlete needing a shoulder repair then he's the guy. So from that I asked him who he would recommend. I explained that I'm a very particular individual so he referred me to Dr. Kevin Jensen in Lawrenceville. Everyting when flawless and 2 weeks to the day I was back at work. This was my second hernia surgery and I would definitely recommend him.
As for tummy tuck, sorry I can't speak to that.

Without naming names, you often do get what you pay for. Here's some basics:

Are they a board certified and fellowship trained plastic surgeon?
Georgia is one of many states that allows any physician to call themselves a plastic surgeon and perform operations under that guise. IMHO, the best plastic surgeons have completed a general surgery residency AND a fellowship to specialize in plastic/cosmetic/reconstructive surgery.

Read multiple sources (if possible) of reviews.

Do you have a friend that works in EMS? A dispatcher? They often know which doctors have the most patients calling for EMS help after surgery. Yes, this happens.

The hernia can be covered by insurance, the abdominoplasty won't. But they can do both at the same time. You may get two bills from the hospital, and the anesthesia provider, since they "split" the operation cases.

Find out ahead of time what you have to pay if they are doing a "split" on operation time. Know what's covered by insurance if you are going that route. If the surgeon has their own surgery center, know ahead of time what the total charges will be, including anesthesia.

What is the follow up? If something doesn't look right will the doc fix it for free?

Ask nurses which doctor they'd go to for the same surgery. OR and PACU nurses as well as floor nurses.

Best of luck.

Without naming names, you often do get what you pay for. Here's some basics:

Are they a board certified and fellowship trained plastic surgeon?
Georgia is one of many states that allows any physician to call themselves a plastic surgeon and perform operations under that guise. IMHO, the best plastic surgeons have completed a general surgery residency AND a fellowship to specialize in plastic/cosmetic/reconstructive surgery.

Read multiple sources (if possible) of reviews.

Do you have a friend that works in EMS? A dispatcher? They often know which doctors have the most patients calling for EMS help after surgery. Yes, this happens.

The hernia can be covered by insurance, the abdominoplasty won't. But they can do both at the same time. You may get two bills from the hospital, and the anesthesia provider, since they "split" the operation cases.

Find out ahead of time what you have to pay if they are doing a "split" on operation time. Know what's covered by insurance if you are going that route. If the surgeon has their own surgery center, know ahead of time what the total charges will be, including anesthesia.

What is the follow up? If something doesn't look right will the doc fix it for free?

Ask nurses which doctor they'd go to for the same surgery. OR and PACU nurses as well as floor nurses.

Best of luck.
Great info thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom