• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Duel Sport motorcycle.

Kicking around the idea of picking one up.

At least a 250.
250 for mostly trails. If you are using it more than trails, 450 or 650. Just my opinion. I’ve had several over the years. 250 are no bueno for longer commutes.

My all time favorite for mostly trails was a WR450 though.

250 for mostly trails. If you are using it more than trails, 450 or 650. Just my opinion. I’ve had several over the years. 250 are no bueno for longer commutes.

My all time favorite for mostly trails was a WR450 though.

I had a 650 and a 250. 250 was fun on the trails and trips to town. Definitely not a comfortable long hauler like the 650, but when you can blast around in short distances its a hoot. You use 100% power 100% of the time haha

Coach, how big a boy are you?

In my adulthood I started on a 250, but my 6'3" 240lb self needed more go.

Currently on a KTM 450 EXC, it has plenty of get up and go.

Course, that WR 250 is a beast as well, for a 250.

I’m only 5’8” , about 195 #’s , my commute is only 10 miles but I don’t really want it for that anyway.

Just around Senoia , and a couple close hunting and fishing spots that would be fun to get to. That’s why

I was thinking smaller so I can handle it in the woods easier.

I’m only 5’8” , about 195 #’s , my commute is only 10 miles but I don’t really want it for that anyway.

Just around Senoia , and a couple close hunting and fishing spots that would be fun to get to. That’s why

You would do great on a DRZ 400. I almost traded my WR450 for one.

I’m 5’10” and the 650s were all way too tall for me, especially in the city. Had a KLR 650 for a while. Lowering links helped but not much, still could only get one tip-toe on the ground. I agree with you on a smaller displacement, unless you plan to take it on trips—under 650 is pretty worthless on the highway. I wish someone made a relatively powerful dual sport for folks who aren’t 6’4”.

Back
Top Bottom