• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

e-readers ??

oxbat

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
113   0
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the kindle fire or nook color. Particularly which one has better web browsing capacity. Thanks for any info.

My roommates gf has a nook color and it's pretty sweet and fast enough for we browsing. I think his decision was that the nook was a little cheaper.

Last edited:
My wife's Kindle Fire is awesome. She can surf the net quickly, receive emails, and has found a passion for reading. The only downside is that she keeps buying more books. It had been the best gift I ever gave her.

She got hers for St. Nicholas Day (6Dec.) since I was not allowed to spend that much for Christmas :cool: She has already finished 5 books.

I have a nook color that I rooted so it is running straight android. The nook part still works as well, but it gives me full access to the android market, and of course torrent apps. Really I don't use the thing for anything but a fancy internet radio with the I heart radio app. I hate reading books on it, as it strains the eyes, my wifes black and white nook is much better for that. I hate surfing the net on it because certain things don't work quite right, for the most part they do, it is just something stupid every now and then.

Honestly, I prefer a full blown laptop, or my phone for surfing the net.

I have considered putting the nook up on here for trade several times because the bastard is brand new, and I never use it.

Honestly, when it comes to reading, I prefer paper.

I really never wanted one of these until I got one for my wife from Amazon. If you're an Amazon Prime Member, you can get books FREE (to read). If you want to download books and keep them, they're really very inexpensive: $1.95 and up.

Kindle Keyboard 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display - includes Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers $139.00 (free shipping for Amazon Prime Members)

View attachment 79938

Back
Top Bottom