• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Electronic Communications CB's

SOCOM

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
20   0
Reaction score
Not too long ago I got into talking on the CB. I grew up watching and listening to my grandparents and dad talk on CB's so I decided to start tinkering with it myself. I'd like to eventually get a HAM license so I can really get into radio communication.

It's been a lot of fun. I 've talked to most states in the U.S., Alaska, Canada, Mexico, Cuba, Jamaica, Costa Rica, Barbados, Puerto Rico and some others I cant recall.

Currently I have a Galaxy 2517 10/11meter radio, 2 meter Kenwood and a base scanner. I run LMR solid core coax and use an IMAX 2000 omni-directional antenna set 85ft up on my ROHN tower.

Here's a pic of my station setup in my Comm Shack.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited:
Are you not already way over the power limits if you are talking to Jamaica?....Seems like like you DO need to get a Ham license.....Soon.

Are you gonna burn the house down over loading outlets, looks dangerous ?

Trust me, it's safe. I had Fire Marshal Bill check it out personally! :flame:

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Steve, you need to add a BS FLAG smiley!

Show us pics under the table. :D

I deeply offended you doubt my word.....amps are illegal mmmmkay. :angel:

Been a ham operator since 1974...
Not too active occasional 40 m or sometimes 2m.
KS4VR

That's cool. I'd really like to get into ham radio. So far radio communication has been fun but all the dumb arses on 11 meter make it a pain sometimes. I mainly like to make DX contacts and talk to a select few operators that arent complete idiots. Of course I dont talk outside of 11 meter but I enjoy listening. Originally I set up my station as a inexpensive way to have an electric independent communication link in case TSHTF, but then started having some fun with it.

Back
Top Bottom