• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Electronic Communications CB's

Hey you already spent the big money, spend a few hours studying and $14 to test. Get legal and join a bunch of other um preparedness enthusiasts on two meter.

Hey you already spent the big money, spend a few hours studying and $14 to test. Get legal and join a bunch of other um preparedness enthusiasts on two meter.

Roger that, I plan to very soon.

Congrats to you there SOCOM, very nice setup.

I spoke to a guy in Australia on USB 39 CB from my pickup truck parked in Gwinnett county using a non-amplified Cobra 148 GTL connected to a 102 ss whip antenna back in the peak sun cycle days of 1989-91.

It's most unfortunate that so many ham radio operators take themselves too seriously, forgetting that their Citizen Band radio operator brothers & sisters, as defined, are more similar to being amateur radio operators like the ham's than not.

Hey thanks man. It's true that many hams look down on 11meter operators. I can understand why most of the time. There are a lot of loudmouth idiots on 11 meter that make it almost unbearable sometimes. However, I know a lot of good hearted guys who are respectable operators who enjoy talking over the airways just like me. I know a bunch of ham guys who got there start by talking on 11 meter.....that's where the spark of interest came from...kinda like me. When I do get my license I'll still talk on 11 meter to my old friends.

man i grew up in miami and had a base station when i was 15 and 16 i talked all over with a astroplane 35 feet up and a 4 watt radio. i would like to get into it again but no job.

socom, you would'nt know where any used towers are, i can't find none around here. Setting my base back up, but i got to get some height. thanks for any info.

Back
Top Bottom