Estate Sale

Looking for recommendations for a company to hold an estate in Gwinnett. Getting closer to have will probated. What a royal pain in the ,,,,,!
Still working on getting my aunt's estate settled two years after her death. We used Lott's Treasures for the estate sale, I think they did a good job with it.

Still working on getting my aunt's estate settled two years after her death. We used Lott's Treasures for the estate sale, I think they did a good job with it.
A friend of mine had to use one for his father-in-law's estate a couple years back. I don't know the name but I could ask him if you haven't found anybody. They had a lot of stuff his parents ran a roofing company for someone 30 years and accumulated a lot of tools and things but this company came in and priced everything did all the advertising took care of all the money for a percentage as best I remember if you need to just send me a message and I'll get in touch with him.

I’m at 8 months. Didn’t know lawyer had to track down the witnesses to her will. I’m assuming she had a crappy lawyer.

That’s probably not it. The same thing happened to me. My Mom had drawn up her will so long ago that the judge asked that I track down the witness who signed the will and secure her affidavit. And I was the Executor and sole heir, and to boot, I’ve known the judge all my life! The deceased can have pinned up everything prior to death, and something crazy will always pop up. Assuming we are talking Georgia. If not, forget what I said.

I thought the only reason you had to probate a will is if it was contested.
My understanding is , if it is a clean -sole heir or whatever.....if there is nobody fighting for stuff or money then you good !:thumb:

I thought the only reason you had to probate a will is if it was contested.
My understanding is , if it is a clean -sole heir or whatever.....if there is nobody fighting for stuff or money then you good !:thumb:

If there is real estate involved, the will has to be probated, and a deed to the legatees made.

Also probating the will will eventually cut off claims against the assets of the estate. Otherwise, those claims float around until the statute of limitations expire.

If there are any accounts with a bank or investment firm that are not joint accounts, or safety deposit boxes the will will have to be probated to get to those assets

Back to jawja clay jawja clay , are you sure the will was drawn up by a Georgia lawyer. First thing any body says these days when they want someone to draw up a will is "use legal zoom", or some similar service. What nobody tells you, and for sure Legal Zoom doesn't is that if you follow the instructions of Legal Zoom you end up with the problems OP had. All of a sudden that $25 on line form doesn't seem so cheap.

That’s probably not it. The same thing happened to me. My Mom had drawn up her will so long ago that the judge asked that I track down the witness who signed the will and secure her affidavit. And I was the Executor and sole heir, and to boot, I’ve known the judge all my life! The deceased can have pinned up everything prior to death, and something crazy will always pop up. Assuming we are talking Georgia. If not, forget what I said.
Thats the same thing happening with me. Second witness refuses to sign affidavit. This is total BS.

Back
Top Bottom