• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Everyone is dumping their m&p ar22

I'm an Appleseed instructor, and I've seen dozens of these rifles on the firing line. I personally have not seen any of the failures (firing out of battery, run away, or the extractor coming out); however, there have obviously been enough to concern the organization's leadership. I HAVE seen a Ceiner conversion kit fire out battery (it was mine). The casing exploded, but e pieces were too small to do any damage.

Out of battery discharges can happen with any rimfire that has the firing pin on the bottom. Your best bet is to keep them clean and lubricated, and watch for a sluggish action that tells you it's getting gummed up, and it's time for a cleaning. Keep it pointed in a safe direction at all times so if it runs away no one gets hurt. If it does run away, disassemble it immediately and leave the range. The ATF has prosecuted people who had guns go full auto because of wear or mechanical failure.

The ATF has prosecuted people who had guns go full auto because of wear or mechanical failure.

You got to be sh_ttin' me... Oh wait atf=gov... Nevermind I'm not surprised....

I have 1200-1300 through mine and have had zero issues. But I do clean mine after every shoot. It's been my favorite .22lr rifle since I've owned it, except for the Nylon 66.
Maybe it's the later or earlier models? Mine is a late 2012 model.

I have 1200-1300 through mine and have had zero issues. But I do clean mine after every shoot. It's been my favorite .22lr rifle since I've owned it, except for the Nylon 66.
Maybe it's the later or earlier models? Mine is a late 2012 model.

^^ This is the key, .22 ammo pretty dirty, my 10/22, marlin 60, and 22/45 light usually get pretty dirty at 500 rounds max... action slows gets gritty, sometimes lead deposits in barrel depending on the ammo and how well it got coated with copper. Seems if I run a lot of rounds and the rifle/pistol barrel gets pretty hot it will lead up a bit especially the 22/45 lite.

Back
Top Bottom