• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Experience with the m&p 2.0 compact

Pick the M&P that fits your needs..buy it shoot it against the Glock...alot.
* I have had failures in Glocks not ammo related.

Now...carry the one that instills confidence in your performance ability in a self defense situation.

I can shoot Glocks decently but I tend to shoot other pistols easier and more naturally.

When M&P's were released I picked up the 9mm & .45 with safety's to shoot in competition/training.

( I was getting away from Glocks after splitting some .40 barrels and was rather salty with Glock at the time after being accused of shooting reloads and I wasn't.)
I shot 1911's, Beretta, CZ,and went to
Sig's 229 Sport for a bit.

M&P's
After shooting several thousand rounds the only failures were ammo related same as the Glock 9mm's.

My M&P competition gun wasn't babied and after 12000 + rounds was just as reliable as ever.
Now this was before all the drop in parts and triggers..after the first couple of thousand rounds I tweaked springs and polished some things as time went by.
After all those rounds I could still bounce cans at 25 yards plus.

All the M&P's I have owned were/are great...including the 2.0's.

I think the Shield line up is their sweet spot and with most models available with safety's if needed and the entire M&P line up offers something for everyone be it self defense, plinking or duty use.

Rankings by me IMHO:

Top of the list..no certain order.
Glock 19
Beretta 92
CZ P-01
M&P's all

Followed by.
HK- I seem to break them.
Sig- QC issues
FN- need to shoot more
Canik- need to shoot more

1911's are their own breed and the gun I have shot the most out of in my life time excepting Ruger MK 1234's.

Some guns hate limp wristing.
Some guns hate certain oils/grease or to much/little.

Glocks are the AK47 of the world and take very little maintenance to work reliably.

All guns:
Shoot more, know your gun and learn it's quirks.

Reactions: GFB
In testing I was party to for a Federal agency, the M&P Compact 9mm placed a close second to the Gen5 G19.
My current agency has given us the option to run the m&p full size of the g45 that’s actually how I ended up shooting the m&p. I shoot it better out of the g45 and my personal g45. I’ve been seeing nothing but good reviews and good things I’m probably going rock out with the m&p

Pick the M&P that fits your needs..buy it shoot it against the Glock...alot.
* I have had failures in Glocks not ammo related.

Now...carry the one that instills confidence in your performance ability in a self defense situation.

I can shoot Glocks decently but I tend to shoot other pistols easier and more naturally.

When M&P's were released I picked up the 9mm & .45 with safety's to shoot in competition/training.

( I was getting away from Glocks after splitting some .40 barrels and was rather salty with Glock at the time after being accused of shooting reloads and I wasn't.)
I shot 1911's, Beretta, CZ,and went to
Sig's 229 Sport for a bit.

M&P's
After shooting several thousand rounds the only failures were ammo related same as the Glock 9mm's.

My M&P competition gun wasn't babied and after 12000 + rounds was just as reliable as ever.
Now this was before all the drop in parts and triggers..after the first couple of thousand rounds I tweaked springs and polished some things as time went by.
After all those rounds I could still bounce cans at 25 yards plus.

All the M&P's I have owned were/are great...including the 2.0's.

I think the Shield line up is their sweet spot and with most models available with safety's if needed and the entire M&P line up offers something for everyone be it self defense, plinking or duty use.

Rankings by me IMHO:

Top of the list..no certain order.
Glock 19
Beretta 92
CZ P-01
M&P's all

Followed by.
HK- I seem to break them.
Sig- QC issues
FN- need to shoot more
Canik- need to shoot more

1911's are their own breed and the gun I have shot the most out of in my life time excepting Ruger MK 1234's.

Some guns hate limp wristing.
Some guns hate certain oils/grease or to much/little.

Glocks are the AK47 of the world and take very little maintenance to work reliably.

All guns:
Shoot more, know your gun and learn it's quirks.
I’ve been shooting Glocks the last 5 years since I got out the military and in law enforcement we have been running gen 3 17swe recently just got the option to run g45’s or the m&p full size I went to shoot my agency m&p I shoot it way better then the g17,g45 and my own personal g45 with it being custom to my liking. I’m definitely more then likely will run the m&p after I finish my testing s and research

My current agency has given us the option to run the m&p full size of the g45 that’s actually how I ended up shooting the m&p. I shoot it better out of the g45 and my personal g45. I’ve been seeing nothing but good reviews and good things I’m probably going rock out with the m&p

If I remember correctly, the numbers were something like 6 stoppages/malfunctions for the G19, and 9 stoppages/malfunctions for the M&P, over tens of thousands of rounds.

Back
Top Bottom