FAILUTRE AS A FATHER

I was born into a world without direction. No mentor ship. I self corrected, sacrificed and spent my life living for my 2 high functioning kids. I have asked them if there was anything else I could have done to be better. Haven’t heard anything yet.

Only good fathers ask this question!

Yeah
If you’re thinking about this
Then you’re not a failure

Have I made some mistakes ?
Sure

Who hasn’t ?

My father who’s is 83 this year was wonderful
The best you could ever have
We were provided a residence by his employer since he was the resident manager of a park

So he was always around

So, I have no kids. That's why I'm still smiling, and get to buy the occasional big boy toy :)

I only offer this thought;

Most humans, most of the time, make the best decision they can. Hindsight is always 20/20. We can always look at choices later in life and say, we could have done it better, we could have done it different.

When emotions are involved, everything becomes clouded. In the middle of chaos, you will never see the same scenario as from 40k feet above. We all get wrapped up in the game of life.

At that moment in time. Where we were in life; Where we were in thought process; Where we were with the information at hand; We made the best decision we could at that particular moment in time. Of course it could be better. But at the time, you were doing what you thought best.

Everybody, most humans of character, do the best they can. Most people are just hanging on, trying to get to the end of their day.

Not just by posting this question, but by reflecting back, makes you a good human. We should always grow as people.

I don't have much choice. Ain't seen or spoke to my daughter in 2 years. Not my choice. Her mother keeps her away from me.

However I pay child support every month and I have an additional savings account I put all my pocket change in every month. I'll give her the balance if she joins the military or goes to college.

Figure when she's old enough to understand I will explain everything to her and let her decide what she wants to make if it all

Is there anyone who feels, as a father, you have fell shorth of your duty your obligation.
Be honest.

Children don't come with a manual so all I have to work with is how I was raised. I have 4 daughters and raised them with my wife to be independent, honest, responsible, hard working and respectful. I have always told my wife I will be their father now and we can be friends after they are on their own. My family has had the same roof over them for 19yrs and never gone hungry or wanted for anything. I am not perfect by any means. My daughters are 14, 16, 18 and 27 and my oldest put herself through college and now is a GS-11 for the government. She called me out of the blue recently and thanked me for how she was raised and for teaching her a good work ethic. I think my wife and I did Okay.

48085661_10212835592953855_4166290578323013632_n.jpg

I think I dod a good job.
They all three have good well paying jobs, haven't asked me for a dime since they graduated college, paid their student loans off (unlike a lot of deadbeats).
I tried to teach my kids the fundamentals of life.
I always held the bar high. There was no attaboy or pat on the back for doing what you are supposed to do, that comes from going over and beyond.
Manners
Honesty
Integrity
Earn respect by showing respect
Protect your credit. If you can't pay for it with cash, you probably don't need it, or can't afford it.

Back
Top Bottom