Faulty ALG trigger in AK? From time to time ND of short bursts.

GAFreedom

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
2   0
Reaction score
Hey guys, I love my Palmetto GF3 AK, however, the trigger was not the best so I installed the ALG trigger group in it.
At first, I LOVED IT, but as a bit time went on and I used more rounds through my AK, I noticed that sometimes the trigger is giving me ND grouping fire with a single trigger pull. I mean the trigger is sooooo light that I can easily see it being an ND danger.
Has anyone else had a similar problem and what to do about it?

My WASR underfolder with the ALG AKT-EL not so much, but my OPAP with the AKT-UL will bump fire if riding the reset. Gotta come off the trigger like a DA revolver if I want to keep things civil.

Its is now owned by Geissele, who seems to me to have not much knowledge about ALG triggers. Just recently I contacted them asking which ALG trigger will work in Galil Ace and received a reply that ALG doesn't have triggers that work in Galil.

ALG was always owned by Geissele. It was founded by Geissele. It’s a division of Geissele. “ALG” are the initials of the wife of Bill Geissele.

Have you talked to them about THIS issue?

Have you had a knowledgeable fellow look at the trigger and confirm you installed it correctly?

The ones that I’ve installed ship with 2 trigger springs; a light and a heavy. Did you get 2 springs, and have you tried the other spring?

“Lightning bow” is ALG’s name for the shape of the trigger itself, and not a separate part, or something for “lightening” the trigger. Hence the name “Lightning”, and not “Lightening”.

Was this a brand new trigger, or had it been used in another gun?

The ALG AK trigger comes with a roll pin that oftentimes needs to be used, and fitted. In every one that I ever installed, I had to use the pin, and I had to fit it.

When installing, did you check to make sure that you did not have more than .10” clearance between the trigger and the safety stop?

If you had more than .10” clearance, did you install the provided roll pin, then check for safety function?

If you did, and the safety did not function, did you properly remove the correct amount of metal from the roll pin to allow the safety to function properly?

Back
Top Bottom