• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FDE Expertise Needed???

244   0
Reaction score
I was at GA Firing Line a couple days ago and was going to buy a few 30 round PMags in FDE, however, they seem darker than I was expecting and did not match the FDE furniture in my rifle. Maybe this is the Coyote Brown color, I am not sure. Does anyone know if the new PMags are a touch darker than the FDE of a few years past? If anyone has an older FDE PMag and could post a clear photo of it I's love to see it. Cheers!

There is a ton of shades of FDE. Magpul has their own. If you were to get a gun cerakoted, there is a "Magpul FDE" as well as other to match common variants. AI is notorious for rifles with 50 shades of FDE
Ya, I've seen the variants. I just don't remember the PMags being as dark as the ones I saw the other day. In the end, who gives a s***, it's a magazine.. it's just one of those things that is going to annoy me until I see an older mag to confirm or negate my issue.

What was the color labeled as on the package? Magpul also has a “medium coyote tan” color in the Gen3 mags, which is one of the two USMC-accepted color magazines for combat use.

Not my pic......stole it off of YouTube.

On the left is a Gen2 FDE, on the right is a Gen3 Medium Coyote Tan (MCT).
3DDB12BA-FB67-4A95-AFE4-E327E28DC0FD.jpeg

What was the color labeled as on the package? Magpul also has a “medium coyote tan” color in the Gen3 mags, which is one of the two USMC-accepted color magazines for combat use.
I did not see a color designation on the packaging, but they were gen 3. That gen 2 looks exactly like what I need. I guess I will start the search, many thanks for the research

Back
Top Bottom