Find value of silver and gold coins

backflow

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
41   0
Reaction score
Anyone know what morgan silver dollars and early 1900's 5 dollar gold pieces would be worth? This circulated money. I have a few of each and curious as to its value.

In my 2006 edition of the Red Book guide to United States Coins, anywhere from $15.00 to $160,000. My suggestion would be:

A) Go to at lest 2 different pawn shops and see what they offer. DO NOT SELL!

B) Contact a coin collector and see what they offer.

C) Buy the latest edition of the above mentioned book (mine was $12.95 in '06), get a strong light source and a good magnifying glass.

As one rule of thumb, anything with Carson City mint marks (CC) will be worth a noticeable bit more than one just like it with any other mint mark.

If you decide to sell, I would like to talk. Send me a PM.

Check out coinflation.com

It will give you the value of the Silver content. For numismatic value pictures and more info is needed
THIS^^^^^^ All the info you need can be found on the internet with up to date daily prices. Or see John over at the gold and coin exchange.

Also, numismedia.com has prices. PCGS photograde can help you with finding the condition and then you can cross reference. Their prices tend to be a fair degree higher than the normal market, which then tends to be a fair degree higher than you can sell them to a dealer for...

Ebay completed listings are a good street indicator of current prices. These auctions have sold or not sold in the last 2 weeks. I sell lots of them on there. Or I'll buy them!!!

Back
Top Bottom