• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Firewood & Chipper, LLC

metaltrader

Default rank <400 posts Supporter
Survivalist
47   0
Reaction score
This is a cross between rant and a want to buy so if I've posted this in the wrong place, just move it to where it needs to be and spare me the disciplinary actions please.

I've used Chipper, LLC in Forsyth County for firewood, tree work and clearing on and off for over 10 years. On August 8, I called them and ordered 2 cords of green firewood to be delivered. The guy said it would take a month to get it to me and sent me an invoice to approve. No problem! Having not heard anything from them since, I called yesterday to inquire as to the timing of the delivery and was told they didn't have a timeline and it could be a couple of months. When I explained to the fellow that green firewood delivered in November does me no good he told me I could either wait or take my business elsewhere. I informed him how appreciative I was for being given his permission to take my business elsewhere and ended the conversation. Anyway, if any of y'all are waiting on Chipper, LLC to deliver your firewood, you might want to look elsewhere, as the fellow told me.

With that being said, anyone here in the firewood business that can deliver 2 cords of green firewood to Roswell in the next few weeks? If so, let me know!

I live in Roswell and my last cord delivery was perfect, not too green but had a few months of curing. There was so much storm damage wood around last year I didn't need to order wood. Now to remember who I used.......

I try to burn a cord a winter.

I've never seen green wood...is that a type...like pine, or something??
Just not seasoned, dried out yet. Not quite ready to burn.
If you get wood that is too dried out , then you have a while before you burn it , it will be rotted or close to it when you get around to burning it. That and it burns faster. The man stated he had some dried out already, he will burn that and mix the green wood in with it so the fire doesn’t burn as quick, in some cases not as hot also.
It is stuff you learn when you use wood for heat quite a bit or you burn fires a lot indoors for heat.

Back
Top Bottom