• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fishing Clubs or Private Ponds Memberships

How do you know what is truly private? I have a small lake near me that runs along a public road. I'd love to take my son kayaking & fishing there but don't want to be trespassing.

it more or less boils down to the land that surrounds it, if its privately owned all the way around then it would be trespassing to go up to it but if its on public property you should be good to go, would just need to find out the status of the property its on.

Here is a picture of the water in question. On the left u can see the road that runs right along the small lake. The small lake shows it is owned by Clearwater Lake Inc. (assuming HOA).

upload_2018-6-1_11-50-18.png

Google maps is your friend. I've found a couple of lakes on real estate developments that went bust when the economy went south. Look for lake around commercial sites...no one is there on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Golf courses are your friends. late afternoons are good to creep on and wet a hook. Also, find a good lake and just ask the owner. You would be surprised especially if you catch an release. Many won't mind especially if you are teaching your son and don't over fish.

Good Evening Trader Family,
Just wanted to really introduce myself to the world.......Im a married 45 year old black father with a 8 year old son. i live in Fayetteville GA. Im looking to join a fishing club of some sort or pay some sort of fee to fish anybodies private lake or pond where the fish are biting. All i wanna do is Catch and Release. My son a just wants to learn to fish....I just want to fish......If anybody has the privilege or resource to help me out or point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
clayton co.water dep.

Back
Top Bottom