• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Flatten primers?

Nope. Shot my own reloads and didn't have any flatten primers. That flatten primer was from the round the range loaded themselves. No information was given on the load besides it was 147gr. I noticed they seated the bullet almost at the cannelure which means the COAL was longer than 2.115"(my reloads COAL). If I had to guess, it would be around 2.220"+ So I know bullet seating wasn't the problem. However, I did shake the ammo to try to get a "feel" of how much powder and I could only felt a little which means they had very little space in between the bullet and powder.

So this is 300BLK right? Definitely an overcharge. Could also be setback when chambering check that as well.

Yes they were 300blk. It could have been set back but 4 out of 4 rounds had "flatten" primers. I would have figured one or 2 would setback, but all 4? That one I showed is the worst but the others isn't too far away from it. I noticed they didn't crimp their rounds so it could have been setbacks. All the guy told me is they were 147gr. The range refunded my money and took them back. I don't know what they did with them but they had a whole box of 20 rounds they loaded for sale.

I just wanted to know what reasons would cause something like that! Thanks for the information! If theres any slight of pressure signs, I would stop. I don't think I could get something that flatten! I've never shot 300blk but the first 4 shots were really heavy recoil but I didn't think about it till I looked at the cases.

Show whoever you bought them from and ask them if they are trying to kill you. They aren't leaving much room for error there. This is exactly why everyone needs to shoot a few rounds of every new load and look for since of pressure on the cases.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom